Pope

GNBRETT

Registered
is it too much to ask for a dam Pope that speaks English....:whistle: I dont see this guy doing a DAM thing about all the current issues in the catholic church. the guy is almost 80 freakn years old. couldnt they have elected someone thats not gonna have demenia is the next 6 months...:whistle:

more little boys will continue to be raped apparently. the only hope the catholic church had at restoring its reputation was to elect an American pope which is where most of the sexual assaults seem to be taking place or at least being reported. if you want to address certain issues you need to put a guy in place that has a vested interest in those problems.

this guy isnt gonna do chit about those issues and more children will continue to be victims. how surprising....:sarcasm:

eh you never know. This guy is unlike the previous few popes at least. He's very down to earth, he's not full of himself and he's certainly not above taking the time to do what is right. He's also represents the fastest growing and one of the largest segments of the church and is not from the "inner circle" of the european group of bishops. There's a chance that he could do a lot of good but time will tell. I dont think putting one of the American guys in there was really realistic at this point. The guy from NY was an outside outside contender but he and the church in the US has a LONG way to go to making things right in the stuff you are talking about. The current pope was the second most popular vote last time so perhaps he really is a good choice for the job.

Time will tell for sure. The precedent has now been set for a pope to "retire" while still exchanging O2 for CO2 and perhaps by being pressured out of the role. It will be interesting for sure, there's way more to clean up inside the Vatican and the church than just the abuse issues. Not saying those aren't huge but they are not the only ones a pope has to attend to in his duties of trying to get folks back into the church.

Just my 2c worth of course, from the heathen collective. :whistle:

FWIW I have been in a church and it didn't explode/burn so I'm probably not really too much of a heathen :laugh:

is it too much to ask for a dam Pope that speaks English....:whistle: I dont see this guy doing a DAM thing about all the current issues in the catholic church. the guy is almost 80 freakn years old. couldnt they have elected someone thats not gonna have demenia is the next 6 months...:whistle:

more little boys will continue to be raped apparently. the only hope the catholic church had at restoring its reputation was to elect an American pope which is where most of the sexual assaults seem to be taking place or at least being reported. if you want to address certain issues you need to put a guy in place that has a vested interest in those problems.

this guy isnt gonna do chit about those issues and more children will continue to be victims. how surprising....:sarcasm:

I totally agree

but thats my issue with him. he seems too much like a pastor one would see at a local church vs. a world leader of the Catholic church. his simplicity imo is not what the Catholic church needs right now. they need a more modern and progressive leader not a guy who may be on O2 in a year or so.

the current guy stepped down cause of his health and his inability to perform the job and address the CURRENT issues at hand. so what do they do? they elect a 78 yr old man to replace him...:whistle: no wonder why they have so many issues.

big boost for latin America yes but does very little for the Catholic church as a whole and the problems it has seen over the last decade.

he may have been the second choice the last go around but he wasnt even talked about this time a potential candidate because like many they were hoping the Catholic church was going to put someone in there that is going to change things for the better. I dont see this guy as anything more then a figurehead.

and no the sexual abuse is not the only issue in the Catholic church but it is the MOST damaging.

I bet that child molestation is far more rampant in other countries. Its hard to keep a lid on stuff or sweep it under the rug in America. Case in point the Catholic church, Penn State, etc. Once the can of worms is opened there's no shoving them back in. I can however see it occurring in other countries that don't have the resources

They would never elect a Pope from the U.S. Or I should say @ least not 4 quite some time. The majority of the world hates us openly or behind closed doors:whistle:

I mean its sad but that is the truth. But let a disaster happen in their country and they won't hesistate to accept our aid or send their children to our colleges etc. But whether you want to label it hate, envy or resentment We as a country are not well received across the world and the last thing they would want is somebody from our "Heathen" society running the largest Business.... Oops I meant Religious Organization in the world

yea it is amazing how many countries around the world detest the good old US of A.... but there are more spanish speaking Catholics then anywhere on earth so I guess the Pope should represent the majority.

that is my whole issue with religion in general or shud I say "Jesus". I wud think the son of God would likely look like the majority of the population if he was going to look like anyone. so I guess he shud look Chinese....???

Yeah, You'd thing an all powerful God would be able to do something about it. Maybe even influence a bunch of Cardinals to make a good choice:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

well they say the first step in anything is to admit there is an issue. Perhaps this pope will find some of the issues and actually address them. Perhaps he will not and it will be SOP. The fact that they picked someone from outside of Europe is encouraging, perhaps laying the ground work for a US or African selection next time. This isnt like congress, they are slow to change. I mean congress takes a decade or 3, the church takes centuries :laugh:

Any man that takes a vow of celibacy for life scares the crap out of me....no dropin the soap boys!! :laugh:

Pretty sure they like to keep that within the prepubescent catholic boys, they wouldn't want to try it on anyone that could defend themselves or turn the tables so to speak. :smad:

Back