Poor customer Service Sux

SSGT_B

Registered
So I go to a dealership to get some service don’t to my truck while I’m in Houston. 3.5 hours later, I managed to get my oil changed. Took it in for a tire rotation, alignment and oil change. They couldn’t rotate the tires because the couldn’t get the screw loose from the wheel cover. Ok that’s fine. I’ll dinit later. They couldn’t do the alignment because the bolts are frozen and the tech can’t move them. On the other hand, I could throw 2k at it and have all my front end parts replaced. No, I’ll just murder my tires and replace the stuff myself. So back to my initial statement. 3.5 hrs later, I pay my bill, the oil change and the alignment they couldn’t do. I get it, the tech has to get paid. My problem was that I had to go find my truck in the back of the dealer lot. Seriously!!!! Whatever. The wife and I go eat thinking nothing of nothing and we finally noticed the condition I received the truck back in after we ate. WTF!!!! This morning we went back to talk to the GM as this is unacceptable. I won’t name the dealership as I want to give them the opportunity to make right so they are detailing my truck now. Hopefully it comes back great. Hell I don’t even let my kids eat in my truck. Anyhow here’s a few pics to get pissed over. The pics I don’t have are the black steering wheel from grease as well as the seat

5688E8B3-9BEC-4719-8400-EE93F2A884C4.jpeg

7E3C3E2E-1611-4AFB-8773-BDFEF396F624.jpeg

CE6A0983-CFE0-4A61-A3C3-F3EDD3FAAC47.jpeg

0EC2F21F-4509-429C-8BBF-2067BFC2B161.jpeg

F40D8929-B0A7-4358-9F26-2437EBF31039.jpeg

And a tan interior to boot....I'd be pissed and have been before when this happened to me...I'd imagine you were already in the manager's office

They got the truck at 9am, it’s 538 pm and it’s still not done. My wife went batshit crazy , politely, but the point got across. She asked the guy if he has ever seen a vet with severe ptsd loose his poop? Then she proceeded to let them know she would gladly bring me there to witness it first hand....lol. I love that lady

I'm the same way about my cars, food is for the table and dirty hands dont belong in MY car. I'd be pissed too, hopefully they will right this. Keep us in the loop when you get it back,

I have more than one vehicle, but the nice one nobody eats in, nobody drinks anything but water in, keep your fingers off the wood and the glass, and your feet on the damn floor.

I have a little bit of rust on my rear painted bumper of my Ram.

When I showed the service manager he said "you have to keep those chrome bumpers clean" I said "you must be blind because it is a painted bumper' he said "I'll make a note of it"
It was all I could do to not drop him in the middle of the dealership parking lot.

I am going to go see the dealership manager and see what I can do to get it fixed.

Most times the service department is the detriment of the dealership.

When I had my Ford with a tan interior, I'd take the service manager out to show him the grease and he'd send a crew out to clean it up. After that he'd tell his guys to make sure it was clean when I got it. In that dealership the sales department was the detriment.

My car is always spotless when I take it in for service so it’s easy to see if even a greasy fingerprint has been left. The dealer and a local mechanic I found for my car places a new white placemat in the footwell and so far it seems to have worked. I think everyone treats it better than they would if it needed a wash or a vacuum. The service area has to be to my liking as well, clean floors and no clutter. Management should know that their service techs and mechanics can walk on oil and coolant and grease spots throughout the day (and) the service techs and mechanics should also know to wipe their freakin hands before handling anything on the cars they work on, especially the interior. Good luck with the detail job.

I try to own things no one services but me . Even my company van I do the oil , filters , brakes , suspension work . Tires I watch like a Hawk at the tire store . Working in service industry 95% of the people could care less about our stuff . Your likely to get a poor result , and maybe something you didn't want. I knew guys that would put bearings with a dab of grease in body panels that would eventually fall of causing a noise to drive you mad . Others would add mysterie fluid to the oil of the engine . Jerry I would suggest staying away from all Dealers in Houston Tx. , and try to find one local well reviewed mom , and pop shop . Richmond auto use to be my place of choice till owner retired/sold it . Now I use one stop by me on hwy 6 south . These are only for alignments as its the one job im not equipped to do .

I try to own things no one services but me . Even my company van I do the oil , filters , brakes , suspension work . Tires I watch like a Hawk at the tire store . Working in service industry 95% of the people could care less about our stuff . Your likely to get a poor result , and maybe something you didn't want. I knew guys that would put bearings with a dab of grease in body panels that would eventually fall of causing a noise to drive you mad . Others would add mysterie fluid to the oil of the engine . Jerry I would suggest staying away from all Dealers in Houston Tx. , and try to find one local well reviewed mom , and pop shop . Richmond auto use to be my place of choice till owner retired/sold it . Now I use one stop by me on hwy 6 south . These are only for alignments as its the one job im not equipped to do .

Normally I do 98% of all work on my vehicles. With me being in the middle of moving, all my tools being in storage, I decided to farm it out. I mean, how hard really is an alignment, tire rotation and oils change. I’m not upset the few items can’t get done, I get it, it’s a little rusty and they don’t think outside the box.....you know, a little heat, bigger hammer. I’m pissed over giving me back a grease filled and covered truck. No excuse. Just lazy and don’t care. So they either detail it clean or they get the bill from a detailer that some of my Ferrari club friends use.

Last edited:
Local ford dealer puts 8 quarts of oil/checks brakes/battery/tires for 45 bucks... I have NEVER touched this car.... but nobody ever listens to me when I say DO NOT ROTATE MY TIRES.... they are studless snow tires in the rear and rear only.. nobody ever listens about the tires... then they gotta put them back the way they were.

A dealership that can’t get bolts loose? I would not let them touch anything of mine again.
Some dealerships now won’t even rotate your tires, if some monkey with a wrench got them too tight on previous rotation. They only apply so much force to loosen and if it doesn’t come off, they leave it alone. I guess they are too worried about breaking a stud and having to replace it.

Some dealerships now won’t even rotate your tires, if some monkey with a wrench got them too tight on previous rotation. They only apply so much force to loosen and if it doesn’t come off, they leave it alone. I guess they are too worried about breaking a stud and having to replace it.
I've worked in Dealerships for years and we always call the customer before attacking any extra time laden work such as seized bolts etc.
The policy was . . . "NO surprises for the customer when he comes to pat the bill".
Steer clear of that dealer for service work, they're not caring for you or your vehicle.

Back