pollen has put me in the hospital.

ditchdr

Registered
I am posting from room 735 at the hospital. Seems the pollen this year is pretty bad ai guess cause it is causing my body to have severe alergic reastions ot it. I went to the ER last night cause my throat felt as if it were swelling shut. Seems my tonsils were so swolen that it was pulling my tounge into my throat. Pretty scarry feeling. My idiot ass tried ot drive my self to the hospital. But ended up stopping and calling 911 about a mile from the house.. Right now i am havign blood work drawn every 4 hours, had a allergy skin test, and have had a camera run down my throat while under mild sedation..

Anyhow I am awake from my sedation and feel pretty good. Dr is saying maybe going home on Friday.

you will be getting an epi pen..... do you have asthma? I work for an Allergist/Immunologist 20+ hours a week mixing meds for guys like you...

Allergy shots are getting to be pretty common... I have seen a couple people react like that and you can see the fear in their eyes.... must be scary stuff huh?

I got 50mg IV last night, and 25 more this am. Right now I have a int in with no fluids running. In the Ambulance last night I got .2 of EPI IM, 50mg Benadryl iv, and some prevacid. as well as some 02

Then about 7 last night i got 50 more iv and no EPI, and more prevacid as well as a sedative cause I was freaking out a little. They are trying PO sinus alergy meds for the next few days but I have a order written for the full alergic reaction cocktail if needed.

Yeah very scarry stuff, I have only been in true resp distress once befor and that was a mask failure when I was a fire fighter. Let me tell ya it seemed like it took for ever to crawl that 30 feet to the door that night. I ended up staying the hospital over night with that one. Lucky no damage, they just wanted ot keep a eye on me incase of resp burns.

The allergy dr is comming ot see me tomorrow. Hopefully he will recomend a shot treatment for me. I do have asthma it is related ot pollen as well, I carry a inhaler with me at all times. I have a rx for a new epi pen will pick it up on the way home, where ever I get out of here.

I have been in EMS for 15 years and I have seen the horror in peoples faces in resp distress. its not laughing matter. I mean lets face it, if you cant breath NOTHING ELSE MATTERS.. Anyhow there is a hottie nurse here wearing white scrubs and a pink thong, I fele she needs to give me a sponge bath lol.

I think I am having trouble breathing too... (you say hottie?)

worthless.gif

man I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better. I felt like that one time with a severe case of bronchitis. Not much worse than not being able to breath.

enough about you wheres the pic of the nurse ??

J/K Hope you are alright !!

Oh I see how it is,, "sorry your in the hospital Matt, hope your better Matt" but i say one word about a hottie nurse, and I am just a vessle to get ot her.. Man love I tell ya NO love lol.... Now i got to figure out how I can get Jessica to being me my camera and not think something is up lol..

damn sorry man, i get the same reaction as you had only if i eat almonds, walnuts and such.....my throat will swell almost completly shut...not fun, hope you get to feeling better...

Well last light was uneventfull, did get a good bit of sleep. Well inbetween the nurses and techs comming in to give me meds and taking my vitals. Seeing as how I work here I now understand why people get a little grumpy toward staff comming in there room to get vitals every other hour. Woke up today had ot do some nasial spray, let me tell ya that flonaise is some good stuff, other then i feel like my heart is aobut ot pound out of my chest, it rocks. Hottie nurse is back today, only she is wearing purple scrubs today, so not looking at the thing under them. Had a new nurse last night she was pretty good looking, but then again as out of it as i was she may have been one of them six pack girls.. Not that we have any on this site here.. Well i am off ot get a few x-rays soon. so talk at ya later.

anaphylaxis = scary stuff
Even for us EMT when we are treating you. We do everything possible and wonder if you are going to make it. Scares us to. Wish you the best.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Are you sure you want to be telling the whole world that as an EMT you are wondering if they are going to make it?

Now anyone who reads this will not trust any EMT when they are being told "you will be fine, trust us"

LOL.

if I am ever really jacked up and an EMT is telling me I am going to be fine I will be thinking "HE IS LYING!! I AM GOING TO FRICKEN DIE!!!"

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

glad you are pulling through...that can not have been a fun experience...hope you continue to get better and have hot nurses
laugh.gif

Good grief, that's scary! I've had tons of allergy/asthma issues due to allergies since I was a kid, but never landed in the hospital. I hope you get better soon and they can give you drugs to alleviate the reaction you're having
smile.gif

Hate to hear about that man, Definately know how ya feel as I have Asthma and I've been suffocating the last couple weeks. All the rain we have gotten her in So. Cal seems to have made everything Bloom. I just can't seem to get my doc. to give me an allergy shot...

Dear Matt

I hope you get well soon!

I ***** about my allergies all the time and get at least two sinus infections a year, but after learning what pollen has done to you, I should be counting my blessings.

Good luck with the nurses!

--Jaddie

anaphylaxis = scary stuff
Even for us EMT when we are treating you. We do everything possible and wonder if you are going to make it. Scares us to. Wish you the best.
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Are you sure you want to be telling the whole world that as an EMT you are wondering if they are going to make it?

Now anyone who reads this will not trust any EMT when they are being told "you will be fine, trust us"

LOL.

if I am ever really jacked up and an EMT is telling me I am going to be fine I will be thinking "HE IS LYING!! I AM GOING TO FRICKEN DIE!!!"
You can believe us when we say "you will be alright". We will what ever it takes to get you out of the ambulance alive. J/K. If you are told you will be OK you probably will survive. If we don't talk to you and have a very hectic pace, you will be in no condition to see it. Trust the EMT's and do as they ask. It will be a much better out come for all.
sorry for the jack. Just don't want people to get the wrong idea about EMT's and what they tell you.

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Back