Polishing the Frame n the Big Busa.

big_j_g71

Registered
Does anyone out have any fail proof methods of polishing the frame on a Hayabusa, especially the rough part of the frame? I did my swing arm already, I just want to be sure on the frame section before I start.

Here... these are the instructions I used....

One Note... The directions say that the finish will come off easy with "Easy Off" oven cleaner... It wasn't that easy, but the oven cleaner DEFINETLY helped out a lot... I ended up wet sanding with 100 grit and oven cleaner to take the finish off.

Palm sander is key, but sand by hand when you get to the wet sanding part.... If you decide to wet sand with the oven cleaner, use your hand, not the palm sander... Common sense...
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board...

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115716636 -->

ahh man you have a long couple of days ahead of you. You can hit the frame with a drill and sanding pad not the flat disk but the think ones. Other than that kiss the wife kids and the dog casue youre gonna be a while

ahh man you have a long couple of days ahead of you.  You can hit the frame with a drill and sanding pad not the flat disk but the think ones.  Other than that kiss the wife kids and the dog casue youre gonna be a while
I spent 1 full day just getting the finish off the frame and getting the frame smooth...

After the frame is smooth, it took one day to go all the way up to polish..

I have the time since I am not riding at the moment being that I have to have a disc removed from my back, so I figured why not get started on polishing the bikes' frame.:cool:

big_j_g71
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the time since I am not riding at the moment being that I have to have a disc removed from my back, so I figured why not get started on polishing the bikes' frame.:cool:  [/QUOTE]

My favorite phrase, I got mo time than money
biggrin.gif
. Nuttn too but to do it  
super.gif

Heres a photo of my can, which has a very similar finish as with the mid section on the Busa frame.

Also welcome aboard, Champ.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115736852 -->

DSC01574.JPG

Back