POLISHED FRAME

pcosho

Registered
I was wandering if someone on here has any advice on polished frames? Is it fairly easy to do? Does it cost a fortune to have it done? Is it easy to keep clean? I have seen several on this site and they look real good all shined up. I have an 06 blk/grey, do you guys think it would look good or better than it does now with a polished frame and swingarm? Does anyone have an 06 same color with this already done? Thanks for any info and sorry for all the ?'s
beerchug.gif

DSC00822.JPG

I have polished numerous frames,and to say the lease, it is a pain in the a##. If your bike is out in the weather alot it takes alot of T.L.C to keep up the look, if you know what I mean. Somethimes it's better to leave well enough alone. Don't get me wrong it is a beautiful look but I like the black frames now, and to have someone do it for you it's going to cost you a good buck, it takes alot of sanding different grits and alot of polishing with different compounds, and as your doing it it's going to look like you just came out of a mine, to where you are going to be black from the compounds, if you need any advise on it feel free to PM me, good luck, Mike..

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
I was wandering if someone on here has any advice on polished frames?[/quote]
I used a variation of this:
http://forum.caswellplating.com/showthread.php?t=1755
I didn't use a sander nor polishing compounds. I sanded it smooth using 80 to 2000 grit sandpaper and then used Mother's polish in the end.
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Is it fairly easy to do? [/quote]
I can't answer yes or no as it depends on what you call "easy". What I can say it that it is very time consuming and very messy.
Does it cost a fortune to have it done?[/quote]
Not if you do it yourself.
Is it easy to keep clean? [/quote]
I normally hit it with Mother's every month of so. The Mother's polishing ball will help in terms of time.
I have seen several on this site and they look real good all shined up. I have an 06 blk/grey, do you guys think it would look good or better than it does now with a polished frame and swingarm? [/quote]
Matter of opinion, but mine is it will look better.
Does anyone have an 06 same color with this already done?[/quote]
My '05 will give you an idea:
https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=52887;hl=
Thanks for any info and sorry for all the ?'s
beerchug.gif
[/quote]
Don't hesitate to send a PM of you start on it and need some advice.
thumb_up.gif

It not to hard to do, but ive done bunch. The busa frame is one of the easier to do, mostly flat and has a lot of plastics covering it. Swingarm isnt too bad either. Ive found if you polish it well and use 3000 grit wet paper for the last sand you can get by 3-4 months without even using mothers.

IMG_0212.JPG

Back