polished frame

tat2busa

Registered
i polished my frame and swing arm i wet sanded it with 400.500.600.800.1000.1200.1500.2000. and then polished it with black/brown and the white but i can still see sand marks and swirls in it can any one tell me what im doing wrong and how i can fix it

Did you cross your sanding grain everytime you went to a finer grit?
And what are you using for a white rouge compound? When i did polishing professionally I found Formax CR51 chrome polish to work the best of any rouge on aluminum.
If you just have wheel swirls and no actual scratches, get yourself a can of Mothers aluminum polish, some Terry cloth rags, and apply the elbow grease.:thumbsup:

PS.. the black/brown grease polish is what I used as a second to final step on stainless steel. Not recommended on aluminum.

Last edited:
yes i cross sanded every time i think what i did wrong is the use n the black and brown compound thanks for your help to all

a hand drill is to slow for buffing.. I tried that and it sucked. I used a angle grinder (be carefull case mine rev's at 11000rpm) and buffed a different angles for each compound. And don't forget the acetone in between each compound. If the scratches are deep go back to the 2000grit.. when I did mine I went to 3000grit..

And she is like a mirror.

i recommend starting from 80 grit work youre way to 2500!!! first use a die grinder only to take the rought out with a medium and fine disk you have to use paint remover to take the clear coat or paint out!! them spend at least 4 sheets of every grit sanding only by hand (no power tools) except to get on hard corner.(do not apply a lot of pressure on the sand paper) this will cause serious marks !!!after youre done clean it up with alcohol them heat it up with a heat gun sunlight ect... do not burn yourself!!! and at least polish it 2 or 3 times!! i personally recommenced white diamond polish! theres another thing we use in pr called diamante (diamond) syringe :race:

ps: to polish after its done i use TP or bounty paper not to rought do
hope this helpS
DEMENCIA POLISHING KW:beerchug:

Well im a friend of ricky and i agree with him. Is better to do it by hand. tools always messed them up. Plus we have done more than 6 bikes and everybody thinks is chrome. Look at the pics.And u tell me

0826081413.jpg

0826081417.jpg

1001081837.jpg

1001081837b.jpg

0825081720.jpg

Hey fernanhaya is there any way you could get me a more descripitive kind of step by step instructions on how to polish my bike like that im wanting to get my bike like the pic under my name well for the most part

yeah i must say those are really nice bikes. I got an 05 myself and I am looking to to it up just like the white one. Unfortunatly I am in iraq rite now so I cant do any shopping around. But soon I will be back home in Puerto Rico and I can start working on that 240 kit. Fernan how much is your swingarm extended 4 o 6 over?

Well im a friend of ricky and i agree with him. Is better to do it by hand. tools always messed them up. Plus we have done more than 6 bikes and everybody thinks is chrome. Look at the pics.And u tell me

Where have you bought those rims???
Where they polished from beginning or did you stripp it from paint
and polished them yourself.

The rims came polish. But they r machine polish and the dont look too good. So we start from 1500 grid to 3000 grid and the use diamond to polish them. They look way better after that.

A lil advice for anyone polishin its a PAIN in the ASS and takes alot of time n effort, just started a front wheel and worked on it from 7 pm to 2 this moring and started again at 12 and still goin at 5 pm, my advice GO CHROME!!!! lol So much easyer!!! having a hard time gettin the tight spots and corners n the lip any advice anyone?

Back