Polish Frame Step By Step

Fernanhaya

Registered
Last week someone in here told me that my hayabusa frame wasnt polish and he told me that i need to stop putting the pics of my frame in the polish frame Threads. I guess he is just jelous because his frame look like ass. Yesterday one of my friends decide to polish his R6. (I know guys is not a busa) LOL. Well today im going 2 start posting pics of this frame from step 1. Enjoy............

This is how everything started last night. This i step one. Bike in pieces. LOL.

0909091624.jpg

I didnt get to see your bike in the other Thread so I went back and found it, Both Bikes look good, But that White 06 is sweeeeeet.

All the steps r done by hand. The only time i used a power tool is at the beginning. I know a lot of people like to change directions on the sand paper but i always go in one direction and it works fine. This is step 2..... 120 Grid. Make sure u take ur time sanding. Use more that a piece doing it. Because the sand paper lose the grids when u use it.

0909092232.jpg

Last edited:
next 1500. I forgot to say this. After 600 try not to make a lot of pressure on the sandpaper. Just move it back and foward with out pressure. You can see how after the 1500 the metal is shinning already without any polish liquids.

0910091707-1500.jpg

last sandpaper 2500. Again make sure u repeat this step at least 3 times. That way the metal is smooth for polishing. U can see how the metal is shinning already.

0910091816-2500.jpg

0910091816a.jpg

Now the moment i love. The End Result. Make sure u dont put pressure at all to the metal. Just use any polish compound and go back and foward until u see the black residue getting dry. Repeat this step 4 or more times.

0910091828.jpg

0910091829.jpg

0910091829a.jpg

0910091835.jpg

0910091856.jpg

0910091856a.jpg

dam looks good,i may try mine.can you post up a parts list.dam good.
can i use a random orbital palm sander.this will be my winter project after i do my second fan mod to my busa.

dam looks good,i may try mine.can you post up a parts list.dam good.
can i use a random orbital palm sander.this will be my winter project after i do my second fan mod to my busa.

I tried a lot of sanders. But they dont do the job right. In my oppinion i like to go between everything. Small corners can be reach with sanders. u can start with the sander to get rid of the rough places. But after the first sandpaper i suggest doing everything by hand.

Back