Votes: 5 17.2%
  • This question is too complex for a yes or no

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
I belong to many various sites. A survivalist site said they had more "in site" arguing, this initiated a discussion.

I personally believe things (in the world/nation) have polarized people, even passionately polarized people.

I believe it is important to stand up for what you believe, have you noticed a more polarized world?

I dont care about who, what, why, where, when please dont make this poll a thread for ideology arguments.

man as a social animal wants to be in large groups..but man as a territorial animal does not want large groups other than his own in his territory... its our instinct to be devided.

I think that the world is changing so rapidly and information is so readily available that it frightens many people. So they cling to what is familiar out of fear, and that causes polarization. Whether it is worse now that at other periods, I don't know but I would guess that it probably is.

I have seen various polarizing issues in my lifetime. Perhaps the least polarized time was when the song "Proud to be an American" came out. I think that was the early eighties?

Everyone did seem proud.

I have seen various polarizing issues in my lifetime. Perhaps the least polarized time was when the song "Proud to be an American" came out. I think that was the early eighties?

Everyone did seem proud.

In 80's? Middle of the Cold War?
Posted via Mobile Device

polarized...is that what happens when someone passes out in a gay bar in Warsaw.:laugh:

The anonymous nature of the internet creates a situation where 'manners' don't play as big a part as they used to (You might tell someone online they are stupid, but you might reconsider when looking them in the eye)...

I'm not so sure it hasn't been worse, alot more violence/killing seems to have gone on during the race riots of the 60's, or even further back the civil war. While people might talk trash, don't see as much fighting because now everyone will just pull guns/knives - a deterrant from starting something...

Polarized? LOL In Chicago where i grew up, we called that Neighborhoods. I lived in the Italian Neighborhood. We played, shopped, dated and partied in the Neighborhood! But one thing was drilled into us from our immigrant parents or grandparents, You are an American, Act like one!

I think the lack of morals being taught in our schools and communities have made things worse. Things like respecting your elders, living by the golden rules, etc. Now our kids are mainly taught do or say whatever feels right (which is a load of crap IMHO). I would predict it's going to get worse before it gets better, if history continues to repeat itself.

I think the lack of morals being taught in our schools and communities have made things worse. Things like respecting your elders, living by the golden rules, etc. Now our kids are mainly taught do or say whatever feels right (which is a load of crap IMHO). I would predict it's going to get worse before it gets better, if history continues to repeat itself.

there is some truth to your words.
Posted via Mobile Device

there are lots of causes...

1. poor upbringing
2. safety of internet
3. being raised to think you can do whatever you want
4. growing up without punishment or consequences

5. people just are not as smart, problem solving and simple common sense are being replaced by "applications" for your blackberry...

all this combines to give you people that cannot communicate, cannot discuss issues without getting upset, insulting others and do not have an open mind to new ideas....and cannot accept that other people can have views that are different than yours..

I don't believe it is a lack of any one thing or to much of another. I have lost all faith in mankind. Humans have a pack mentality and its horrible. For some reason if you put any number of people together they will divide themselves up for whatever reasons...race, religion, politics, cool people...etc. I don't know why but we as humans love to make it about US VS THEM. I used to blame all sorts of things for it..religion, politics, upbringing... In the end if you took all the variables out (religion, race, politics) people would find other reasons to differentiate themselves from another group...HELL they kill each other over soccer teams. It happens on all levels. My street vs your street, My HS VS your HS, my state rocks Texas is horrible :) , My religion is better ill blow you up, democrat vs republican (both crooked), My country vs your country, Busa is better than ZX-14 (can't argue with facts i guess lol.) If aliens landed and tried to be peaceful there would be people blowing them up because they weren't one of US.

Last edited:
I don't believe it is a lack of any one thing or to much of another. I have lost all faith in mankind. Humans have a pack mentality and its horrible. For some reason if you put any number of people together they will divide themselves up for whatever reasons...race, religion, politics, cool people...etc. I don't know why but we as humans love to make it about US VS THEM. I used to blame all sorts of things for it..religion, politics, upbringing... In the end if you took all the variables out (religion, race, politics) people would find other reasons to differentiate themselves from another group...HELL they kill each other over soccer teams. It happens on all levels. My street vs your street, My HS VS your HS, my state rocks Texas is horrible :) , My religion is better ill blow you up, democrat vs republican (both crooked), My country vs your country, Busa is better than ZX-14 (can't argue with facts i guess lol.) If aliens landed and tried to be peaceful there would be people blowing them up because they weren't one of US.

SS, it's easy to get caught up and focused on the bad things in life, but there are a lot of good people and good things going on also. This is one of the reasons why I try not to watch the news that much. They make it sound like everything is falling apart, when in fact it's a very small percentage given the population. Hang in there man.....:thumbsup:

i like bi-polar women, because if you play your cards right she will bring home a girlfriend and the 3 some is on:rofl:

Back