Pls recommend winter reading...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
To begin with, I know that the reason there is a winter season is to give us time to do mods without missing riding weather. With that said, I wish I had the money to keep myself busy doing mods this winter. I've got a couple things in the works (
wink.gif
) but not near enough to eat up all the cold, wet weather.

To help burn up the remaining winter down time I thought I would try to do some reading and try to add to my riding technique bag o' tricks. The only riding book I've read so far is Keith Code's Twist Of The Wrist II. Haven't been able to put my hands on TOTW I yet but I hope to eventually add it to my riding library.

Now, what I'm looking for is some recommendations from you folks as to which other books are worth the $ and reading time. I know that other books have been mentioned in some of my past threads. I tried the search engine but as we all know, it pretty much sucks ass. It turns up links to threads that don't even contain the friggin' key word(s) you enter.

Since the search function is useless in my quest I figured a new thread would do the trick. I know at least a handful of you can actually read and I know you're motorcycle nutz so I figured some of your reading was probably the kind of books I'm looking for.
laugh.gif

So, how about listing the riding tecnhique titles you've read. Please include comments on the quality of information and either a "Not Recommended", "Recommended", or "Highly Recommended" rating.

Not Recommended- would be a book with inaccurate or non-existent real info.

Recommended- might be a book with some good riding info but with little or no real technical riding knowledge conveyed to the reader.

Highly Recommended- would be a book that provides lots of essential riding technical knowledge (actual techniques), good info and a writing style that conveys the ideas effectively to the average reader.

For those who haven't read any motorcycle riding technique books but still want to contribute to the cause you could just send me money for winter mods. I take PayPal!

Hehehehehehehehehe...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

'Train: I've read TOTW I and II, and I recommend reading #1 as well so you should really try to get your hands on it (try your local library if you haven't already). I have also ready "Proficient Motorcycling" by David L. Hough. This book deals mostly with proper STREET riding technique vs track riding. It discusses m/c dynamics, like Code's books, but also deals with Urban Traffic Survival, Surface Hazards and what he calls Special Situations like riding at night, etc. I have recommended this book to others, and found it to be very good. You can read other reviews on Amazon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Haywood. I have been trying to find TOTW I in stock somewhere to buy but no luck. Borders' computer says it's out of print. I'll look into the other book you suggested. I think my local Borders had it on the shelf the other night. Just didn't know if it was worth the $ or not. I like to read a good book but I absolutely hate a bad one.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
wink.gif

Thanks Haywood. I have been trying to find TOTW I in stock somewhere to buy but no luck. Borders' computer says it's out of print. I'll look into the other book you suggested. I think my local Borders had it on the shelf the other night. Just didn't know if it was worth the $ or not. I like to read a good book but I absolutely hate a bad one.

Thanks again for the suggestion.
wink.gif
I forgot to mention that I believe TOTW II comes on DVD as well, for anyone thinking about looking into this one.

Let me know what you think of the "Proficient" book.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>CLICK HERE ---></span></span>

Sorry Bullet, I missed this post somehow or was working on mine when you posted this... I think we had the same Idea at the same time...

thanks for the link stkr00

wink.gif

after reading his site
im beging to think that i might not go to L seca and go to the keith code school in stead.

y only one and not both?
because im a broke ass college student
laugh.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>CLICK HERE ---></span></span>

Sorry Bullet, I missed this post somehow or was working on mine when you posted this...  I think we had the same Idea at the same time...
I think you are just trying to steal my idea. I posted over 24 hours before you did. Either you type really slow or we didn't have the idea at the same time. Hehehehehehe...
laugh.gif

I just missed it somehow I guess...I got the idea for the book thread from your allmost went down thread. I just plain missed it altogether...

I mean I know I can type slow and all but I'm not even that slow...apparantly just blind...

I just missed it somehow I guess...I got the idea for the book thread from your allmost went down thread.  I just plain missed it altogether...

I mean I know I can type slow and all but I'm not even that slow...apparantly just blind...
I was just hackin' at ya, bro. I know how hard it is to keep up with everything going on here all the time.]

Oh, I also meant to say thanks for the reviews on the books. I need to get my hands on Total Control.
wink.gif

Back