please walk me thru this

you could also find connectors that would plug into your factory connector at the parts store or walmart and change the kit end instead of your factory end or see if they sell a pigtail connector for that bike and use that instead.

good call. i did this and the high beam works. But i still do not know how to connect those connectors for the low beam. the only thing I can think of is tearing the factory plug apart which i am hesistant to do

Just make sure if you do, leave yourself some wire to splice. :thumbsup: Hope all works out. Let us know how it goes.

yeah this sounds so much more complicated than when I did mine hope you get it done now you have to post the pics when it's done. :thumbsup:

yeah nice I work three nights on top of my day job too know how that is. I'm out but cause I wanna grab a nice evening ride before work tonight.

PUll the spade connectors out of the HID plug and put the open spades into the factory connector. This is what I was talking about when I said to use the shrink tubing. You will not have to cut any wires or splice them at all, just pull the spades out of the connector.

I installed minew not that long ago. I ran it to a switch and mounted the ballasts on the ram air tubes. It fits, looks tight, but it works! I used the switch so that when I start it, I don't have to worry about bulb flicker. (This will help with bulb life.) I will include my pics as to where I mounted my ballasts. I did splice into the line. I had the entire install done in probably 2 hrs of actual work. I am sure that you are, but use a test light to check for the hot wires when you splice. I should have probably taken better step by step photos, but it least it will show you where I mounted things. Don't over complicate. As long as you have a solid ground and you are running the hot to 12v when you want it to be hot (high beams on) you will be good. Those HID setups are really self contained, all you have to do is run power and ground to them. (And a paddock girl for motivation!)

Balast Install 1.jpg

Balast Install 2.jpg

Busa Light Switch.jpg

Bike Race 13.jpg

not wanting to give more headaches, but are you sure the front tire is mounted correctly? Looks like the tread is pointing the wrong way, hope it is just the angle

not wanting to give more headaches, but are you sure the front tire is mounted correctly? Looks like the tread is pointing the wrong way, hope it is just the angle

Looks good to me, but what do I know! It's worth a check...

Back