Please tell me

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I only have to put my fairing pieces back on to get my Busa rolling for this season! I installed XenonKing's McCullouch 5000 hi-lo system and here's my question....there is NOTHING in the instructions/wiring diagram that says I should add some sort of ground to hard parts, etc. Do any of you run HID without your own improvised ground?

Thanks in advance for any responses. Doyle (Raydog)

straight plug and play
thumb_up.gif

Yup - just use the factory connector(s). From there, you are getting +12V DC and Ground...
thumb_up.gif

Thanks SO MUCH for your fast responses you guys! One thing I did do is interupt my low beam circuit with a good quality on-off toggle switch since so many have said it's better to be running THEN turn on the lights(with HID).....it's kinda kool...reminds me of my old Norton way back...."don't forget to turn your lights on". Raydog

One thing I did do is interupt my low beam circuit with a good quality on-off toggle switch. Raydog
Got pics? And/or a quick how to?

cheers
ken
Ken, there are two wires coming out of the low beam bulb that end in a plug, there are two wires coming from the HID box that end in the match to the above bulb plug. I interrupted (cut) ONE of the lines on its way to the bulb and EACH of the ends I cut, I spliced into the TWO terminals of the on-off switch (when OFF the circuit to the low beam is interrupted, so I just turn ON the low beam AFTER I start the bike and OFF before I turn the ignition off). The HI beam is not an issue because IT gets its completed circuit ONLY if the HI beam switch is turned on by the rider. I hope this makes sense. Doyle

I'm just copying what everybody else said.. first mod I did, and installed just as everyone did, but without the switch, I just hold my start button while turning on the key, then pull the clutch in, and it starts, then release the start button.. light turns on then.. only been about 7 months so far, but no problems as of yet, and OH HELL YEA THERE'S A DIFFERENCE!!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

ok, maybe I'm slow, probably...
But I am confused, I am reading plug and play, then something about a switch and then Hurc has a 10 step program for starting his motorcycle.

So on the 2008 Hayabusa, do the Xenonking HID replacements fit right in? Do they require a wiring change? Do I have to sacrifice chickens prior to vehicle start in order to keep the headlights on?

Thanks in advance,

I only have to put my fairing pieces back on to get my Busa rolling for this season!  I installed XenonKing's McCullouch 5000 hi-lo system and here's my question....there is NOTHING in the instructions/wiring diagram that says I should add some sort of ground to hard parts, etc. Do any of you run HID without your own improvised ground?

Thanks in advance for any responses.    Doyle   (Raydog)
got the same setup,plug and play,thats it,done.

Back