Please tell me I am wrong...

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
just wondering how many others see this same situation....this is very disturbing due to my lack of wheelies, stoppies and otherwise damaging activities.
there are about 14K+ miles on her though...

Where's VMan at!?

CIMG00051.JPG

I am always bouncing the front end off the ground and mine were dry at 13K. Now new seals/valves/springs..

THIS is too dang close to the bash for this to happen!

especially with non-refundable cabin rentals already paid for.

I don't see anything unusual.
No seal is perfectly tight.

I bit of oil residue is expected.

at least I've never seen one.
lurk.gif

really is not a hard or even time consuming fix... you can do them in a couple hours with time to spare...

Right now with the temperature fluctuations from above to below freezing, condesation forms on the tubes and exagerates any bit of residue.

lurk.gif

let's just say the other fork is practically dry...and i go over this thing pretty regularly...I had never notice this before...not in this quantity.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
really is not a hard or even time consuming fix... you can do them in a couple hours with time to spare...[/quote]

....so we can add this to the "mods to do at the bash? lolol

someone can do my fork(s) while I do brakes/lines/exhaust & etc... ?

it would be nice to have a heavier weight oil up front...that veggie oil they use doesn't cut it.
beerchug.gif

btw bogus..I think you're right...there's no fricken place up front for a stebel horn...that WAS my focus tonight.

Hard to tell from the photos but are they leaking? If so,think of it as a learning experience. Not to hard to change and everybody should learn to do fork seals sooner or later. You stated the miles but how old is it? The slight pitting and light scores might worry me more than just swaping out some seals.

PM John, see if he is up for it... the forks can be off the bike and on the ground in 20 minutes...

You think that's disturbing, mine went out at 1100, yes eleven hundred, miles. I bought it with 500 miles on it, and when I told the guy at the Suzuki shop it only had 1100 miles, he started telling me that it was something I did wrong. It's never had a wheelie done on it, and it's only been trailered once, and that was when I brought her home, and the tie downs weren't that tight! I just took it as a defect. But if I was you, just take it to a local zuki dealer, mine was done in a day and a half and I put her back together that night. Hope this helps.
thumb_up.gif

Boy I know that problem. both of mine have leaked. the first leaked in one year the second a year later. Really ticks me off. i dont do wheelies or anything that would cause this. just a poor quality and control issue from suzuki in my opinion

No seal is perfectly tight.
my wife said she "begs to differ!"

laugh.gif
Yeah, I was made aware of that here at home, as well.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
.so we can add this to the "mods to do at the bash? lolol

someone can do my fork(s) while I do brakes/lines/exhaust & etc... ?

it would be nice to have a heavier weight oil up front...that veggie oil they use doesn't cut it.
[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong.
I don't think that you should go with heavier oil unless you use a heavier spring as well.

The heavier oil, without the help of the spring to balance the weight, would likely just blow by the seals quicker.

I'm certain you really shouldn't do one without the other.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Those are rubber seals and are a consumable just like tires and brakes. You should be changing out your fork oil about every 2 years anyway.

Just normal where and tear.

Back