Please recommend an alarm syst. for \'Busa

OB_Hooshy Bushy

Registered
I've got the fully optioned Scorpio. It is ok, but nothing more.

small remote
small siren (but adequate volume)
anti-hijack feature (remotely kill ignition)

Dislikes:
Pager looks like crap and is big.
Arm/disarm range is poor
Drains battery
Expensive $$$

I'm considering using one of Crimestopper's all-in-one FM alarms. It has a remote that doubles as a pager. It gives you arm/disarm range of a mile. Additionally it gives remote confirmation of arm/disarm. The problem is that it's not as water-resistant as the Scorpio.

I installed a scorpio cyl 300 on my blue '00. It's a basic model with no pager or other extras. (The options can be added as I can afford them). I mounted the siren and the control module under the rear seat for weather protection. The siren is not very loud there though. I wired into the front turn signals under the left side front fairing near the fuse box. The LED indicator mounted perfectly in the hole used for the coolant overflow sight glass.
The link below is where I purchased my alarm.
Good luck.

http://www.accessoryinternational.com/alarmscorpio.htm

Don't laugh, but check out the JCWhitney Cycle edition They sell a Marksmen/Tradesmen that is just for bikes. It is not listed by name but it costs + - 100.00 It has TWO remote transmitters-ign kill-sensitivity adjustments-light flash,etc. I've had good luck with these and I usually go to the local radio shack and find another siren for 10.00, or by a scorpio replacement siren for about 20.00. I use both together, as nothing else will sound like yours. You can add almost any pager and motion detector to almost any alarm system. I have and still use the cheapo ones on my current and past CBRs. On my busa, I went with an automotive VIPER with Proximity sensor, warning voice pager and 2 smaller sirens. About 500.00 total, it takes up a lot more space.

I forgot- JC also sells a bike specific alarm with a built in pager. The remote transmitter is also the pager receiver. It is only about 100.00 and does not always appear in every bike edition catalog.

I have a 2000 blue/silver 'Busa (got it Tuesday and I still can't stop dreaming about it...what a machine!!!). I've only had 600cc's before this, and never a Suzuki. I've already gotten so many compliments and turned so many heads that I realize how much my bike is drueled over. Now I'm worried (hehe)!
I've heard that there's little room to even fit an alarm in the 'Busas. So, I guess size would have to be a factor, yes? No? If anyone can recommend an alarm system (PREFERABLY WITH A PAGER OPTION), I'd really appreciate it. If you know anything about Nady or Scorpio, I'd like to know what you've heard about them as well. Scorpio with pager runs about $375 I read, and Nady about $200. Size, pager option & EFFICIENCY/REPUTATION are my concerns. Thanks!
-Dave,
Bay Area, California

My alarm system did it's job very well last night! I heard the alarm and ran outside to see two punks running away from my bike. I caught up with them (in my stocking feet!) and gave them hell. Seems that one of the punks was drunk and decided he needed to sit on my bike. Wrong idea.....

My alarm systems the absolute best! I tie a fishing string to a gernade you move my bike you die! Don't **** with it!! Hayabusa owners USA

Back