Please Look And Help Me Out. Whats Doing This?

ChicoTheCop

Registered
my 03 has been killing batteries for a while. while changing a battery i noticed that the gauges moved even with the bike in the off position. see the vid below

today i tested the fuses in the fuse box and found that the fuel pump and headlight have power even though the bike is off. wiring diagram seem to point to the starter relay. so i ordered a used one. but i'm wondering what you guys think.
Please help me out with any info.

Starter relay or bad key switch , My Vmax would flip on the tach, it would go up and back with no key in it

Have checked for a draw yet,
You need to hook up the positive terminal, and then use a 12 volt bulb test light in between the negative terminal and the negative cable.
At first you should see a bit of light from the bulb, then it should go out. If it does not go out, start pulling fuses till it does. Then you can trace the circuit that is the problem.

Also where are you buying your batteries from?
What brand of battery is it?
How long before its dead?
Are you using a battery tender?

i know $30 isn't much but i just spent money on a second fan, lower temp fan switch, thermostat, new battery, wanted to ad as little to the budget as possible. i found a used 1 for $12 on ebay. if it solves the problem ill consider getting a new one sometime later. just want it running right.

I didn't use an amp draw test, i used a simple probe light test. that's how i found those fuses have power.

when i get the replacement, ill make a vid after changing to show confirmation of Fix. thanks all.

Back