PLEASE HELP

RobNewt

Registered
i Recently purchased a 99 busa, it sat for roughly 3 years. i could smell the bad gas as i started it, it ran for awhile then cut off, ive changed plugs clean lines clean tank cleaned injectors and bike still want start. i was told i may need ecu. has anyone ran into these issues? bike will start shooting ethanol into intake

Tached1300

Registered
I don’t think it’s the ECU, sounds fuel system related, fuel pump, fuel filter clogged something along those lines. Also make sure you didn’t foul the new plugs. Can you hear the pump prime with key on?

Kiwi Rider

Registered
You need to check fuel pressure at the pump outlet, and fuel delivery at the injectors.
I also have a 99 model, they have an external pump and are known for clogging the mesh screen and also can vapor lock as well if the pump's insulation is missing or too thin, pump overheats and the fuel cavitates causing problems.
ECU issues are very very rare.
As others have said, search the forum.

Mr Brown

Registered
For that model I believe the fuel filter is in the tank, will have to pull the tank, flip it over and pull the assembly to check the filter. If it is clogged or deteriorated that could cause your issue. Would at least look at it before I purchased another ECU.
I was thinking 99 had an external fuel pump.
99 and 00 models have external pumps in a really bad location. Design changes in 01 rectified that, fuel pump has been in tank ever since.

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
my bike sat for a while and the bad gas wrecked havoc inside the tank the cable to fuel pump actually broke off and it only sat for 7 months. take the pump out for inspection the yellow gel covering the fuel system and the condition of wires may give you chills

Kiwi Rider

Registered
I love all those emergency threads where people (who don't even introduce themself) need immediate help and never update us on whether it was helpful/ fixed or not...!
Yeah, I reckon word must’ve got around that there’s a few tech savvy dudes on this forum and they come looking for a second opinion or even a helping hand for free.
They are the sort that don’t want to join in and be part of the community here.
It’s cool to offer assistance to strangers though.... who cares if they never return.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J 1 week of troublwshooting same problem help please Busa problems 20
B 07 busa reving high when turning right help please Busa problems 5
S Please help. Trying to find out the brand of swingarm to order a new jackshift for it???? General Bike Related Topics 11
B Please help in buying my very first Hayabusa General Bike Related Topics 42
K New owner need some help please!!! General Bike Related Topics 116
G Help please! Busa problems 20
mayweather88 Gen 1 Help please General Bike Related Topics 20
J Meguiars cleaning kit steps ? Please help General Bike Related Topics 7
R Brake help please Busa Mods 1
Spudley Factory decal/graphic removal, and install help please. General Bike Related Topics 15
KieranJ1992 Gen 2 Hayabusa rear wheel spindle/axel siezed. Please help! Busa problems 13
J Please HELP bike won’t start New Owners Forum 26
CadOps New Battery issues...help please General Bike Related Topics 9
Z-MAN74 Recovered from being hit by drunk driver w/ no ins. And still need front nose for 06 limited pearl white to purchase, please help I'll never throw aw General Bike Related Topics 13
S Tyre deformation. Please help. Tires 21
S Please! Need help identifying fuel tank breather hose. Busa problems 5
S Revs Very Slow Returning to Idle Help and Clarification, Please. General Bike Related Topics 3
Zekeyzeke1 Timings seems to be off please help!!! Busa problems 16
ccapse Rostra Cruise - Help Please Gen II Busa Information 7
S Error Code C12 Will Not Start… Help Please General Bike Related Topics 3
Deathtornado Unknown Header Investigation, Please Help! General Bike Related Topics 11
Mark61 After 10k Miles, Still Struggling With Low Speed Maneuvers; Please Help! New Owners Forum 72
K S2000 Injectors Help Please Turbo 21
J I Truly Need Some Help; Please (hayabusa 2002) Busa problems 17
Rileymcg32 Gen 1 Hayabusa Dyno Please Help Dyno Kings 21
Swiftfalcon Starter Gear Keep On Stripping, What Can Be The Fault??? Any Help Please Busa problems 16
elementnblind Gen 1 240 Kit Help Please General Bike Related Topics 6
S Help Me With Accessories Please? Gen II Busa Information 15
michael parris heuberger Need Help Please Appearance mods 6
F Please Help Gen II Busa Information 2
S Need Help With Cooling System Asap! Please! Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 3
C Please Help Me Guys, Screaming Idle Busa problems 11
dandraven A Little Help Please! Missfire Issue. General Bike Related Topics 5
swerve1 A Little Help Please Hayabusa 00 General Bike Related Topics 5
Jeb 2005 Busa, F1 Code, C32, C33, C34 & C35 Fuel Injector Codes - Please Help Busa problems 12
V 2001 Hayabusa Boggs And Sputters Help!!!!!! Please And Thank You Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 2
SSGT_B Help Please. Valve Train Noise :video Busa problems 6
D Help With Grips And Throttle Tube Please! Gen II Busa Information 5
D Please Help, With Cooling System Busa problems 0
D1busa Please Help!!! Clutch Problems General Bike Related Topics 20
CR08BUSA New Owner, Having Oil Pressure Problems! Please Help! Busa problems 5
Travis England Help With Front Forks Please General Bike Related Topics 14
J Fuel Pump Disassembly Help Please, 99-00 Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 5
T Help Please Busa problems 3
A New Guy With A Funny Noise Please Help Busa problems 6
C Please Look And Help Me Out. Whats Doing This? Busa problems 8
A please help Busa problems 3
busa matt been a minute, back on busa, need help please Busa problems 19
P Please Help Busa problems 9
S Hello and Help please! split cases bike won't start. General Bike Related Topics 15