Please Help

Phillip W

Registered
I have a 2002 Hayabusa and it wont start. I just changed the grips to chrome, and the levers, along with the mirrors, everything seems to be fine with the install. I had to remove the original throttle as the new throttle side grip has its own. I went to start it and nothing happened when I pressed the start button. I removed the switch to make sure all wires were intact and everything appears to be so. I seems almost as if the starter is not getting signal to start. could it be possible that I just have a bad starter? brand new battery fully charged also. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Whaaa? That never happens; who told you about that? If you put adjustable clutch levers on, some of them will not make the switch when they are set for max through (all the way out). Some won't even work right anywhere after about mid-way out. You can check it easy enough by shorting the two wires together. And you might check that kill switch too.

It's easy to check if the emergency switch is on or defective.
If you turn the key to on and everything lights up AND the temp gauge goes to full hot -
that means either the switch is on or defective.

You probably have it ironed out but make sure it's not something simple like the killswitch, kickstand down and bike in gear, the move to clutch lever adjustment causing clutch safety switch to interlock the start circuit or something else that happened during the work you just did. Best of luck. Let us know.

Back