Please Help with Vibration

kevmoxj

Registered
ive read through all the vibration forums i could find and i seem to be having a different problem i think. I went on a bike run this morning and cracked the throttle a few times and i noticed as the day went on i could feel the engine developed a weird vibrating that gets worse as you rev the engine. Performance wise it seems to be fine. but the vibrations are very apparent at any RPM other than idle...

it does it in neutral even at a stop if im driving and i pull in on the clutch and let the RPM's go down the vibration goes away. It is all engine vibration and its worrying me. Im gonna check the clutch bolts this week.

kevin make that check now, before you ride it anywhere else, if one of those bolts comes out it will tear up all the internals...also if it is in fact rubbing against something then tiny little metal shavings are getting into your oil and will need to be flushed out

Last edited:
i will try to get it apart tonight. i wont start it up or anything til i get it apart. Todd be prepared for me to blow up your cell phone. :laugh:

I've heard that plea before :whistle: Now back to the question :laugh:

Mine would be on the truck headed to the shop.

Mine probably would be too if i didnt just get out of the hospital on tuesday and now have a S**T ton of medical bills.

yeah it does it in neutral or while driving anytime the Rpms are anywhere over like 2000r it vibrates. Im gonna check it this week once im caught up on work.

any word on how it turned out? i've had mine apart multiple times and replaced everything but the big expensive basket part and I'm basically at the point where I'm going to do it just to see what happens.

I'd love to know if you figured your problem out though.

I checked it more today since i havent been driving it and noticed every bolt holding on the fairings were loose. along with the gas tank bolts and the four bolts holding the tail on . Im gonna drive it when i leave and see if that is what all the vibration was about. Keeping my fingers crossed it is.

WOW

I would go and check all the bolts that require re-tightening in the maintenace schedule.
Now, IMO

Bolt Tighten.jpg

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well. Send to shop to re-torque all the engine mountings but it still vibrate. Getting numb in the hands while riding. Any solutions to this?

Help is needed!!!!:dunno:

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as well. Send to shop to re-torque all the engine mountings but it still vibrate. Getting numb in the hands while riding. Any solutions to this?

Help is needed!!!!:dunno:

:welcome: The Busa will aways have some vibration, and a more noticable vibration around 4500 RPM. Has the vibration gotten worse since you got the Busa? Your hands getting numb is more likey to be caused by you putting too much of your weight on the bars. You shoud be supporting your upper body with your legs, back, and abs; not your arms and shoulders.

Reactions: Zee
I'm pretty sure its not the riding posture cos this vibration only happen after I crashed my bike back in July. Before that, it was smooth.

Yes, I have done the TBS.

I have also changed to new tires and steering bearing.

And I have also changed the timing chain and tensioner.

The bike feels like there is something loose. Especially at the front end. And it's driving me nuts.:banghead:

Last edited:
Back