Please help with Roxio to copy a cd.

mike1180

Banned
I have a couple of cd’s that contain a lecture.
I want to make a back up and save these to a hard drive so I can have them if the cd’s fail.
I have the Roxio Digital Media SE program.
When I make a copy of the cd in Roxio Digital Media Copy, the copy is fine.
I select the option “Disc Copyâ€, and burn it to a new cd -no problem.
There seems to be 6 files on the copied cd that are 44 bytes each, and marked track 1, track 2 etc. which are “CD Audio Tracks†when I right click properties.
When I click on them they play in Windows Media Player just fine.
When I try and copy and save these files to the hard drive, they don’t play.
So I try and save the original disk directly to the hard drive with the “save the image to a hard driveâ€, option in the Digital Copy area of Roxio and it saves one big file (619 mb) which is a .gi file.
That won’t play either.

Can anyone tell me what to do to get this on the hard drive?
I am a total nubcake in this area.
Thanks!

No expert here either, but I think to copy CD's to the hard drive they need to be converted into a different format like .mp3, .wav, etc... not sure though, google it!

you have the rip the CD audio off of it, open up windows media player and select the rip tab. insert the cd and select the audio files you want.
those 44 byte files you were copying were just files that told the computer/cd player where to read the disk for sound info.

If you are trying to save and play from hard drive try not using the roxio and use the windows program. What device was used to record? Also I haven't used a pc in a while I converted to macs and by no means am an expert.
Posted via Mobile Device

No expert here either, but I think to copy CD's to the hard drive they need to be converted into a different format like .mp3, .wav, etc... not sure though, google it!

I tried the google route.
This isn't a normal cd like a music cd.
I bought them as a lecture series, and can't understand what format was used to make them.
It isn't copyright as I can make a copy to another cd, it is just confusing re: the 2 different formats as I try and copy it?

are you burning it as a media cd or data/media cd?

im still not sure what you are trying to do.
are you trying just to copy it to the computer and leave it on the computer,
or are you trying to make a duplicate copy on a cd?

are you burning it as a media cd or data/media cd?

im still not sure what you are trying to do.
are you trying just to copy it to the computer and leave it on the computer,
or are you trying to make a duplicate copy on a cd?

I am trying to make a Back Up of the audio (voice) from the original cd and store it on my hard drive.

if it plays in a normal cd player all you need to rip the audio files off. use windows media player and rip them off as Mp3.

if it will only play in your computer, and direct copying from cd wont work its some odd formatt iv never seen.

Look around on CDRINFO.com they have tons and tons of programs that will rip/burn stuff.

if it plays in a normal cd player all you need to rip the audio files off. use windows media player and rip them off as Mp3.

if it will only play in your computer, and direct copying from cd wont work its some odd formatt iv never seen.

Look around on CDRINFO.com they have tons and tons of programs that will rip/burn stuff.

I just tried your suggestion and ripped the files off into Windows Media Player, and they are now there and I can play them.
Thanks!
Now where are those files stored so if i want to put them on an external hard drive?

OK I found them.
Thanks a lot, my problem is fixed! :thumbsup:

I have never used Windows Media Player except when it comes on to play a video etc.
Lots to learn - and it is going to be a long winter - 6 inches of snow today.

Glad MAC you MAC got MAC some MAC snow, MAC that MAC should MAC distract MAC you.

Mike, if you can't get this going I have a direct disk copy system (no computer) for making multiple masters. PM me if you are interested I would be happy to copy the disks for you.

Glad MAC you MAC got MAC some MAC snow, MAC that MAC should MAC distract MAC you.

Are you trying to tell me something? :laugh:

Mike, if you can't get this going I have a direct disk copy system (no computer) for making multiple masters. PM me if you are interested I would be happy to copy the disks for you.

Great offer thanks very much!
I did get it now.
Just needed to learn that Windows Media Player does more than just play! :whistle:

Back