PLEASE HELP busa not starting

aubry588

Registered
First off hello everyone im new to this site, thanks everyone in advance for the help. My problem is that i just bought this 03 Busa from auction and am unable to get it to even turn over. i put key in ignition turn to on position and the gauges do their thing but for one the neutral indicator light is not lighting up when the bike is in neutral. also i dont here the fuel pump priming. I have already put a jumper in the clutch switch and kick stand switch. so those are not an issue. i have also checked every fuse including the main 30A fuse in the back, again all good their. Their is no problem with the battery it is brand new. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How it the wiring off of the right hand bar switch? Run/Kill? Any chance the bike thinks the kill switch is off?

Could be the fuel pump or relay. From another post: "Prop up the tank, disconnect the fuel pump harness. Put your multimeter to the positive and negative wires (whichever ones by wire color they are) then flip the switch and look for voltage. If you get voltage you need to think about replacing the pump. You could always run a straight wire from the battery to the pump and see if you get any action." At least this would eliminate a fuel pump problem If there's no voltage then possible a relay. I'm some some of our mechanics here will post up.

I had this problem! I first changed the right hand switches, that didn't work (which most of the time it would), and next I had to change the sensor on the engine. Its in front of your shifter behind the protective cover. Its only two bolts and a wire disconnect but THAT'S what fixed mine. It thought the bike had a transmission fault or something and wouldn't let the pump come on or turn over! Heads up, its expensive.

Adding this just in case: Its the plug that plugs into your TRE that goes to the left side of the motor. Not saying your an idiot, I swear. Just making sure I'm clear.

The bike doesn't need to be in neutral if the clutch and kickstand switches are good , clutch pulled in and kickstand up. My first thought like Shawn was the kill switch. Even if it's in the right position cycle it a half dozen times.

Alarm system ??????

Check the clutch switch on the bars, those connectors come off..

my 2 cents: non-running Busa sold/bought at auction = yikes!!! Hopefully, it is something MINOR (cheap) and nothing MAJOR ($$$$). Best of luck and hope you get to ride/enjoy your new Busa soon. :please:

So it is not the handle bar kill switch i was able to run a hot wire to this wire on this relay and after that everything started functioning fine. fuel pump primed and engine start button started working. so now im able to get the bike running but am unable to figure out what the problem is. Here are a few pictures to show what i did.
rsz_img_1059_zpsb45b836c.jpg
rsz_img_1058_zps46daa4f5.jpg

i know the bike does not need to be in neutral if clutch is engaged and kick stand is up. i was just letting everyone know just to make sure that is not an indication of any other problem being that the neutral indicator isn't working.

The bike doesn't need to be in neutral if the clutch and kickstand switches are good , clutch pulled in and kickstand up. My first thought like Shawn was the kill switch. Even if it's in the right position cycle it a half dozen times.

Alarm system ??????

Back