Please don't tar and feather me.

SIGSAUER

Registered
After my Hayabusa was totaled I started looking for two bikes to replace it. An 08 Hayabusa and a 08 Honda CBR 1000rr. I thought about replacing the busa with another Gen 1 and I even found the same LE 05 like mine, which I liked so much. Call me a bit paranoid though after having an accident on one I felt there needed to be some change. The 08's seemed different enough and what can a few more HP's hurt.

I had always planned to get the CBR as a second bike someday. After test riding one they are just all out corner eating power performance machines. Problem is I ride a lot and I figured one wouldn't be comfortable enough as a primary ride.

So I was pretty set on a 08 Hayabusa but west coast prices just aren't that great even for the used market. Then I got hit with the insurance claim which didn't cover all my aftermarket parts like they should have been. At first they wanted to give me less then $300 for my $2000 in aftermarket parts. My local agent got on the phone with the adjusters and argued that was ridiculous and ended up getting me half of what they were worth. The only reason I'll be sticking with this company is because my local agent did look out for me in the end even if he couldn't get me every dollar that I had put in. That and some companies wouldn't have given me anything.

After getting the claim though I was still a bit off for buying either bike until I found a great 08 CBR with under a 1000 miles on it. Drove 300 miles on the weekend, inspected it, loved it, and rode it straight home.

This was practically a non-stop ride home with my new joy and I was surprised how comfortable this super sport was for such a long trip. Next day I hit the twisties and wow!!! Is this puppy fast and light in the corners. I just couldn't believe how much speed it carries in and out of corners. I had to watch it to keep myself within my limits as it is impressive and takes no work to flick it around.

I was also impressed by it's range which was another thing I loved about the busa. After 175 miles on the CBR I still had just over a gallon of gas left. Can't complain about that.

So I am pretty thrilled about my new addition but I'm hoping I will be on an Gen 2 Hayabusa as well in a year or two. Big maybe but who knows. Until then I'm hoping you all don't mind my sticking around as I do have every intention to someday be on a Busa again.

I bought the Busa back from the insurance company hoping to recover a bit from it and wanting it to go to a good home rather then the auctions. Local to me friend and member Raydog picked it up yesterday and has plans to turn it in to a naked fighter. I'm happier knowing it's going to a good home and I hope to see it restored and on the rode again. The Busa was one of my favorite bikes and I only had it for three months, so I was depressed seeing it damaged. It will be nice seeing it restored again.

Here's some pictures of the new ride:

100_0622.jpg

100_0625.jpg

100_0628.jpg

Looks nice. I have been thinking of buying the samething. My local dealer has two new in crate 2008's for $7800 each.

I am looking at an 08 CBR1000RR NEW $6895 W/lifetime engine warranty... Having a problem getting it past Karen at the moment :laugh:

Thanks for the congrats.

I paid $6900.00 for it.

The lowest I could get one from a dealer around here was $7800.00 for one that fell over in a crate and the others were $8700.00 I could have swung a new one if I had waited for my Busa to sell but figured what was the point. This one had 925 miles on it with (3) oil changes in that time, so no worrying about break in for me. :thumbsup:

I wasn't sure about the color as I like the darker paint schemes but this one is growing on me and it seems to draw the cagers attention compared to my darker bikes that I've owned.

So far just some cosmetics planned for it as I like the exhaust. About the only aftermarket exhaust I would get would be the Taylormade but if I go that way it will be awhile. For now I'm going to get the exhaust cover ceramic coated black, get some black Pazzo levers, Puig dark smoke screen, and I may or may not change out the Fender Eliminator for an even lower profile one. Still up in the air on that. I'm also considering a black Bagster tank bra and 30L bag as I need some storage space on this and the Bagster was awesome to have on my Busa.

For those considering one I say go it it. I've rode most of the newer liter bikes including the R1 and the CBR is the best of them. About the only one I haven't rode is the ZX-10 but I have no desire to either.

Back