Please consider these photos I took (chinese vs OEM fairings) before buying

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Lots of info on the chinese plastics. I thought I would save someone the aggrevation of these krap peices.

The photo's show a good OEM first,then an aftermarket part second.

Some parts are missing tabs,some have no holes or slots,some have to many holes,etc etc.

Most important thou....some parts are the WONG color.

Luckily,these were free to me. I just spent over a grand for the good stuff.

These plastics I have are apparantly in the "high range" of quality.:rofl: As far as chinese plastics anyway.

I'd rather run around nakkid B4 buying these.

caveat emptor

RSD.

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

IMG_0102.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0108.jpg

It all depends on who you're buying from, and a lot of luck.

Here's my chinese fairings. They were around $650 shipped. They required no modifications to fit. I only had two issues: The gas tank cover arrived cracked, they sent me a replacement. The rear hump didn't continue the number plate design, but no one notices that.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mods...you did get lucky. How's the paint quality? Did they come with heat shielding?

The missing grafx on the hump don't look too bad. I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night with it like that,but I'm a fussy Ol' bastid.

RSD.

It included heat shielding. I added a bit more on the bottom areas by my headers.

The paint is really good, it is hard to make out but they included metal flake in it. It's not solid colors.

Some of the pin striping at the edges of the fairings weren't sealed all the way (They layer pin striping on top of paint, then did a clearcoat on top). I complained but they basically told me to get lost. It's not a major issue, it isn't falling apart or anything.

I sold my OEM fairings for $450 (they had been dropped on concrete, so all scratched up) so this ended up costing me $200.

They're now almost 18 months old, still no issues.

The quality of the plastic is pretty good, but when you directly compare, it's thinner and doesn't appear to be as flexible as OEM.

I would have no doubt that it would suffer more damage than an OEM set would in a fall. With that said, I could buy an entirely new set of chinese plastics for the cost of one piece of the OEM fairings...

what seller did you buy from?
It included heat shielding. I added a bit more on the bottom areas by my headers.

The paint is really good, it is hard to make out but they included metal flake in it. It's not solid colors.

Some of the pin striping at the edges of the fairings weren't sealed all the way (They layer pin striping on top of paint, then did a clearcoat on top). I complained but they basically told me to get lost. It's not a major issue, it isn't falling apart or anything.

I sold my OEM fairings for $450 (they had been dropped on concrete, so all scratched up) so this ended up costing me $200.

They're now almost 18 months old, still no issues.

This should be a sticky,....I've seen to many people buying these JUNK Chinese plastics. The worse part is they are very thin and won't even hold up to the wind speeds... :banghead:

I must admit,,the gen1 stuff I installed werent nearly as bad as the gen2 stuff he posted.
This should be a sticky,....I've seen to many people buying these JUNK Chinese plastics. The worse part is they are very thin and won't even hold up to the wind speeds... :banghead:

I built this bike with chineses fairings and the only problem I had was one hole on the bottom where there two fairings meet underneath didn't line up. For the cost of a set of these versus the cost of say just one left side fairing I will definately buy again if I need to.

100_9088.jpg

It appears there are junk plastics out there,but also some cost-effective alternatives that some members will recommend and stand behind.

Perhaps a link to the seller of the quality plastics could be posted in a shortened version of this thread and made into a sticky.

isiahstites where did you buy those quality plastics from? Thanks.

RSD.

Back