Please consider these photos I took (chinese vs OEM fairings) before buying

It appears there are junk plastics out there,but also some cost-effective alternatives that some members will recommend and stand behind.

Perhaps a link to the seller of the quality plastics could be posted in a shortened version of this thread and made into a sticky.

isiahstites where did you buy those quality plastics from? Thanks.

RSD.

Ebay!

It seems that everyone that's had good luck with aftermarket plastics has Gen I bikes. It makes sense to because the Gen I only has a handful of plastics vs. the Gen II which has several smaller pieces that fit have to fit together to make just 1 side of the bike.

I'm tight when it comes to money, I don't have it :laugh: Anyway, there's an old saying that goes " you get what you pay for " . Are you really saving money if the parts don't fit, don't hold up at high speeds, look terrible, break the first time I change my oil filter.

OEM isn't cheap, but it's right.

Not everyone has the ability to make the wrong stuff work. My thoughts are if you had to work on them, that's a fail.

When I had to fix my bike my local salvage had all their fairings for 40$ per piece. eBay has forced them to sell cheaper. Front caliper also 40$. With a little DIY you can get it done for a good price.

image-1342320243.jpg

image-1342320243.jpg

It seems that everyone that's had good luck with aftermarket plastics has Gen I bikes. It makes sense to because the Gen I only has a handful of plastics vs. the Gen II which has several smaller pieces that fit have to fit together to make just 1 side of the bike.

Bingo.:thumbsup:

RSD.

Back