PLEASE!! Can I have your FINAL ANSWER on 1st Gen Busa HID kits??

fillmore nyc

Registered
Sorry that this is a bit of gravedigging... I've seen lots of opinions on 2 bulb HID kits for a 1st Gen 'Busa, but does anyone have the Final Answer as to whether there is a 2 bulb HID kit on Ebay, or elsewhere thats straight-up plug and play, no issues, no headaches, no bluesheet with the installation or its operation in the long term??

I'd love to put an HID kit on my bike, but it seems like lot of guys have had some sort of problem either with installation, or with the way it works afterwards. Im NOT looking for the cheapest kit out there... Im looking for the best kit available, cause I only wanna do it once and "faggetaboutit" as we say around here!!
What say ye??
:cookoo:

Last edited:
I have had a XenonKing H7 low beam 8K kit for over 3 years and still on the original bulb. No problems, installation was easy with the write-up on the board, and have been happy ever since.

I agree with the above. All the plug in plays I know require a little work...but notyhing you can't overcome. Heck I did it :laugh:

xeon king has a great setup. I have the original ICEMAN kit on mine, 7yrs and still going strong :thumbsup: If you ever get out east on LI let us know, I'm sure we can help you get it installed too :beerchug:

Im still working on mine
Speedo is going crazy Now Im rerouting the wires and shelding them in aluninum foil
Running a groung wire from the foil to the frame
Wraping all of it in Hi voltage silicone tape If this does not work I will let John work on it at the bash

Im still working on mine
Speedo is going crazy Now Im rerouting the wires and shelding them in aluninum foil
Running a groung wire from the foil to the frame
Wraping all of it in Hi voltage silicone tape If this does not work I will let John work on it at the bash

I have the Busazilla kit and had the same problem. I moved the ballist for the low beam to the right side air duct, and put the high beam(almost never use it) to the left side duct and all has been good for almost 3 years.

xeon king has a great setup. I have the original ICEMAN kit on mine, 7yrs and still going strong :thumbsup: If you ever get out east on LI let us know, I'm sure we can help you get it installed too :beerchug:
Thanks for the replies!! Sounds like the XenonKing kit is the way to go. I dont mind screwing around with it a bit to get it dialed, I just dont wanna end up with a kit that I gotta spend the rest of my life dealing with!!

If I get out on LI, Ill shoot you a PM. I WANTED to head out to the old OBI down near Captree early this morning, but I gym'd it a little bit too hard yesterday and my back is kinda busted today.
Yeah, that Fillmore's a lil' stoopit...
:banghead:

:laugh:

e - z... though i had mine installed on a genII but still required a bit of 'out of the box' thinking to get them connected right, it wasn't as plug and play as I thought, or they probably sent the wrong harness... but installed and lookin bright!

i got a mcouhlach [spell check] from a group buy here on the org 3 years back and no problems, ANNND still on the original bulb!!! heard nothing but good things from xenonking :thumbsup:

check out retro-solutions. u can find them on ebay. great kits. def plug-n-play. awesome people to do biz with. upstanding. takes care of any warranty problems quick fast

neither a switch or delay timer is "necessary" or "required". to each their own, I use a switch. it was way easier to wire and alot less to go wrong. I tried to timer, still have 3 of them, and didn't care for it. I like the options the switch gives u; complete on/off control.

Back