please advise on $2000 ZX7

OB_ducmanic

Registered
THIS IS NOT DUCMANIC THIS IS CLAY

A friend of mine has been off his bike for two years and called me to ask If I wanted it. I now own a tired 86 FZ 600. He asked if I wanted his bike (a clean '93 ZX7) two helmets, cobra chain lock, solo seat, Muzzy pipe, and gloves for $2000.

Now I think this is a good deal but would like to read some of your opinions on it.

Thanks,
Clay

Two bills for a clean ZX-7 sounds like a pretty fair deal. If it's been hammered a lot you could be into it for engine work before too long, but a compression gauge should give you some useful information about that. The other stuff you should be able to check with a close look...any signs on the frame that it's taken any major hits.

So that wheelie was on a 600? I thought it might have been a 1000. Doing that down Melrose I don't think a ZX-7 is big enough. If you run over a transvestite in mid-wheelie on your 600 you could be in trouble. You need a bike with more weight!

Man that sounds like WAY too much money to me sounds he trying to take advantage of your good nature. I wouldnt buy it... Whats his address I didnt catch it .

Hey, I've got no argument with tv's....is this Ducmanic dressed as Clayman, or Clayman dressed as Ducmanic? :)

And another thing, this double-posting is no fair. Ducmanic and I were about dead-even at around 300 posts here, but he kicked in the Clayman turbo and roosted ahead by a couple dozen posts. That's an illegal high-performance modification!

Thanks zBill
I think by the weekend I will be the proud owner of a Kawasaki! Look for it at Saturdays
L.A. Bussa

Clay

I don't know duc. there is somthing to be said about wheeling the fastest production bike made!

The bike will be delivered tonight. The owner was one of those guys who never rides! two months ago he had a new clutch put in along with a tune up, front rotors, and fresh pads all around. it has a solo seat and muzzy pipe. I will be able to tell you the miles tonight after it's been delivered I will also be @ LA Bussa's tomorrow at 2pm with it! I went to the bank today and pulled the money!

I have been in the 600cc class for over 10 years now, and I can't wait to get out. (not a racer) I'm going to fix up the '87 FZ 600 and try my luck at Willow Springs.

clay

Alright Clay, seems like most of us voted yes on the ZX-7. So fill us in on the details. How many miles on it? Is it pretty clean? Inquiring minds want to know.

What I meant is you have a better chance of staying upright on a bigger bike if you hit something that walks in front of you while you are vertical (mid-wheelie, that is). Dog, tv, small child, take your pick. What are you most likely to run into on Melrose while you are trying to see around your gas tank?

Sorry to sound like a killjoy; that was a pretty bit-chin' wheelie. I like big-bore HP, but not to bash anyone...except a deer once, and that was an accident.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 05 November 1999).]

Back