plastic rivets

If anybody reads this rather older thread, you'll find this, and if it's helpful, great, if not, whatever, it's the Internet.

I purchased some of these rivets from Ron Ayers as specified in an above post. Yup, cheap enough--$1.26 for a bag of five. But then, check this out... $8.00 for shipping! It's always that way with shipping. Charge WAY more than it actually costs to ship the item.  
rant.gif

busaclipprice.jpg

(tglander @ Sep. 16 2006,13:27) If anybody reads this rather older thread, you'll find this, and if it's helpful, great, if not, whatever, it's the Internet.

I purchased some of these rivets from Ron Ayers as specified in an above post. Yup, cheap enough--$1.26 for a bag of five. But then, check this out... $8.00 for shipping! It's always that way with shipping. Charge WAY more than it actually costs to ship the item.
rant.gif

busaclipprice.jpg
I hate when that happens!!!!
mad.gif

(tglander @ Sep. 16 2006,12:27) If anybody reads this rather older thread, you'll find this, and if it's helpful, great, if not, whatever, it's the Internet.

rant.gif

busaclipprice.jpg
Yeah I hate it when it costs more for shipping than the actual parts...almost as bad as people diggin' up OLD AZZ threads
sad.gif

Anyone else needing some of these OEM plastic pins??? How about a mass buy and someone keep them at their place and ship them out as needed. Cut the affect of $8 shipping to everyone. I would buy a couple of bags to have someone else mail them to me for a $1 or $2

I am not out of any, but I have a couple(fairings) that are getting worn pretty quickly and I would rather go with oem and I am having trouble finding any online.

Just a thought I see alot of threads on this.

Hello Guys, I am new to bikes ..I know nothing , BUT I am a wrench turner..I build automatic trans etc.( So Auto Mechanic Yes , Bikes NO!!.I joined to get so knowledge and make some connections...Reading the above are all the plastic rivets the same size on the bike?I want to repaint my bike how long does it take to get the ( ALL the fairings and tank off )? Also if anyone in the Tennessee , Alabama , notrh Georgia area and is tearing their bike down for some mods. or rebuilds , I sure would like to visit and see what is what and how things work.. COOL?
bowdown.gif
Thanks

(BlueHaya @ Mar. 13 2007,21:18)
(TurboSN95 @ Mar. 13 2007,13:54) You guys think they are 6mm or 8mm?  I am guessing 6mm but will measure when I get home.  I am placing an order with this ATV company and happened to stumble onto these:

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product....d=17174
Let us know when you get them in.  I bought 10 from my dealer a while back as back up.  They are pricey and come 1 per pack.
I need to figure out how to measure them... maybe its the hole in the plastics that they measure out to 6mm? I measured the head of the plastic rivet and it was more like 11mm. Tonight i'll measure the hole on the body of the bike, before I order them.

These guys are free shipping with $100 spent, so it works out for me.

A friend told me ACE hardware has them in a pack of 50 for like 5 bucks I keep taking his. I told him I will buy the next pack.

I am having trouble finding the larger plastic rivets. the ones that hold the dash pieces to the frame next to the gas tank. I dropped the bus two weeks ago and that was the real only casuality. One of the plastic rivits wound up in the grass on the side of the freeway. I have been searching a lot of websites and can get the schematic of the cowlings but none of the plastic rivits that I need. Again not the small ones that connect cowlings together but the larger ones that go into the frame. I would greatly appreciate it!!
:please: Thanks!!
Trav

Take them out and go to a local Lowes store. Match them with ones in the shelves and be done with it. Look in the nuts and bolts section. If i remember correctly they come 5 to a pack and are a dollar and some change. Big and small.

Napa has them bought some yesterday. Bring a old one with you to compare, the sizes they have are to close to choose from. A lot cheaper.

If you are out the AZ way, there is a place in Mesa called Space Age Paints on Country Club drive. They have any and every size of plastic pop in rivet you could want. (and every other type of fastener) I imagine your local Automotive type painting supply store would have a similar selection.

Old post dug up for new riders...

The part in question here is a "plastic fairing rivet".
I just ordered 50 of them with the 6mm diameter off eBay for 2.50 and free shipping.

These are the rivets that you push the center to pull the whole unit out

Back