Plastic dip daytona OR matte yellow

Daniel Sanders

Registered
Hi guys im bored and i like the idea of plasti dip

I seem to have found other who have what i understand is a "daytona yellow"
I understand that plasti dip, is typically matte in its nature? and slightly textured

can I get a finish like this with plasti dip? ( my research tells me of I clearcoat the plasti dip, its harder to remove )

I really love these pictures, does anyone have a yellow Gen 1 with plasti dip ?

suzuki_hayabusa_yellow-3840x2160.jpg

AND

yellow1.jpg

I have limited experience with plastic dip. There's also a plastic dip clear called glossifier. Haven't tested the glossifier yest but I doubt it can be applied to look like that bike, don't quote me though. It does a decent job for what it is and when 4 or more layers are applied it's pretty tough

I did my bike with 5 layers of plasti dip and 3 layers of clear coat, the bike looked great for about 4 months than it started to rub off in spots. If you want a mat look it will come out great. I wrote about it last year

Pros, easy to apply from a can

Cons, rubs off over time

Why not just use a base coat and clear coat system? Aside from cab / school bus yellow...there are many stock colors that are not crazy expensive...though yellow is usuall a bit higher priced...Lamborghini has a nice pearl yellow...if you like the color tell them to hold out the pearl / mica

I saw on How it's Made that a Rolls Royce has over 100 lbs of paint on it :eek3:

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread...........

To the OP - I have used the yellow PD and the glossifer and they will NOT look like the pictures you posted.

For the yellow to stand out you also have to have a white base.

There is an Art to spraying it and that determines if the texture is smoother or rough.
It collects dirt and is hard if not impossible to clean it back to the like new finish after a short time.
Colors other than yellow may not be prone to getting as dirty and as hard to clean.

To me it looks like the pictures you posted are NOT PD and are painted yellow - 2 different bikes.
I could be wrong but in my experience there is no way you could PD your bike and get it to look like those.
Especially with a spray can of it, maybe just maybe with professional equipment your results could be better, but I doubt it
would look as shiny as you wanted. JMHO.

To the OP - I have used the yellow PD and the glossifer and they will NOT look like the pictures you posted.

For the yellow to stand out you also have to have a white base.

There is an Art to spraying it and that determines if the texture is smoother or rough.
It collects dirt and is hard if not impossible to clean it back to the like new finish after a short time.
Colors other than yellow may not be prone to getting as dirty and as hard to clean.

To me it looks like the pictures you posted are NOT PD and are painted yellow - 2 different bikes.
I could be wrong but in my experience there is no way you could PD your bike and get it to look like those.
Especially with a spray can of it, maybe just maybe with professional equipment your results could be better, but I doubt it
would look as shiny as you wanted. JMHO.

yes I am sure they are not PD, I just liked the color and wanted to work out if it was a daytona yellow and what matt yellow looks like.

I think ill probably be disappointment with any PD color other than matte black imo.

I might looks for fairing that might be pre-painted, see what i can find

thanks guys, plasti dip still seems like a cool idea tho.

Back