plasma screen tvs thoughts/opinons

Samsung 50" plasma here... I am not convinced with the LCD yet as every LCD computer screen I have ever serviced after about a year had dimmed noticeably.. not sure that carries over to the large TV's but makes me wonder... My plasma just turned a year old and so far it has been trouble free and is still bright

I'm waiting for the two to fight it out like Blue Ray and Hd. I do think that Blue Ray will win just because of the ps3 but you never know.

You can buy an HD player now for $300, blue ray is still way out there. I think Sony learned their lesson with the BetaMax
lol1.gif

My question would be do you really have to have a plasma or LCD, a DLP is about 1/3 the cost and has the same pic quality. it is a little bigger but a lot of times thats not an issue.

Good prices for hdtvs online BestBuyPlasma I bought my Samsung PC/HDTV monitor from them and they were ALOT cheaper even with shipping. When I asked Circuit Shiddy if they would compare prices they told me they couldn't price match online sites. If you aren't in a rush. Do your homework and have one shipped to you.

plasmas are also loud (fan) and can suffer burn in     i have a sammy 32 inch lcd for about two years with no problems and its great with a HD player, xbox, and i use it for my laptop to     also have a 26in. lcd westinghouse, the picture isent quit as good but it was only $600 and has more inputs plus a bilt in HD tuner as well as an analog one lcd's are nice and light to easy to mount on a wall both are just unreal in HD pic quality no matter how ya slice it
drools.gif

I went plasma over LCD for wider contrast and faster refresh. otherwise I think the new LCD's are catching up. so far, NOTHING i've seen equals a good glass screen's contrast.... except a buddies $4000 theater projector. plasmas are fading, LCDs are getting better, but their refresh still has some blurring. if you play fast video games DO NOT get internal projection. so far very few internal projection systems keep up with live game input... video is different since they can delay the sound to match appropriately and you will never notice any difference.

I'm thinking about a projector instead of a TV.

I know light bleeds it out, but I can keep my living room dark when I want to.

Any other faults with projectors?? I saw my neighbor's projector, it was say 5' wide by 3 1/2' tall, and the picture quality was awesome. 1048 or something like that. Only cost him $2500 with a receiver.

I'm thinking about a projector instead of a TV.

I know light bleeds it out, but I can keep my living room dark when I want to.

Any other faults with projectors?? I saw my neighbor's projector, it was say 5' wide by 3 1/2' tall, and the picture quality was awesome. 1048 or something like that. Only cost him $2500 with a receiver.
projectors issues: mounting, wiring, heat, and IF you are succeptable to it RAINBOWing... I forget the tech term for it. If you can see it, it will drive you nuts. I have a projector and went plasma, because I realised that the best contrast I would get during the day is a black level equal to the white of the screen reflecting any other room light.
sad.gif
Kill the ambient light and they are great, but that didnt work out for me personally. Also, I saw all the rainbows all the time, especially on B&W movies. I think they have fixed a lot of the rainbows. Size is WAY COOL though. Just keep in mind, when in you increase the size of say, STANDARD TV and DVD, it can appear much more blurry - and that is normal for those modes since you are taking something small and lacking resolution and magnifying it to see it closer
smile.gif

BTW I have an almost never used Optoma EP739 for sale if interested
biggrin.gif

http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_ezpro_739.htm

A friend of mine has a projector, and man the picture quality was almost like being there.

I have a 50" samsung plasma and had it a year now with no problems at all. I use it for tv, dvds, ps3, xbox 360 and even a computer screen from time to time. Picture quailty is great and doesnt have that loud fan noise. If you go to a big box store like best buy you can talk them down on the price. I got a couple hundred off and six more months of 0% finacing. Hey might as well make a few small payments if it will be the same as one big one.
beerchug.gif

My question would be do you really have to have a plasma or LCD, a DLP is about 1/3 the cost and has the same pic quality. it is a little bigger but a lot of times thats not an issue.
you need to check out the new technology cap. there is no comparison between the plasmas and LCDHD in 1080p and the projection DLP models. just go down to a circuit city or best buy and look at a blu-ray demo. kind of like a busa and a harley. both are motorcycles.

Back