plasma screen tvs thoughts/opinons

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
whats the opinons on the best plasma tvs out there right now, what do you have, what is your opinon on it. im getting opinions before buying around a 42-50 inch.

+1 on that, while I dont have one personally, I have a couple friends who have the vizio, and they're very happy with them. Also, from what ive seen, the price is reasonablr and the picture quality is acceptable, if maybe not QUITE as good as the higher end tvs....

I would stay away from plasma personally. I like dlp/3lcd technology better. I prefer changing a bulb than a tv. I have a 46" Sony 3lcd Wega, the wife has a Sanyo flat in the bedroom
thumb_down.gif
and my computer monitor is a 23" Samsung-this Samsung KILLS that Sanyo in hd picture clarity. The next tv coming is the 1080p Sony 55"
laugh.gif
I work with these daily and experience (and the bill from my tv repairman) DEFINATLY sway me towards lcd/dlp/projection.

I have also heard to stay away from the Plasma sets these days... LCD would be my preference at this time.

LCD is the better TV. They can take more abuse. Lets say one of your kids/grandkids nails the plasma screen w/ ball. You are gonna have a black spot where the ball hit it. Only repair for it is replacement

I've been looking....but not yet ready to buy. I'll have to go LCD because of all the light in my living room. There are some coated plasmas that reflect less than the conventional plasmas.

I've got to wait for the price to drop some more. 50-52" progressive LCD 120hz are still too high.

Just my 2 cents. My wife works Membership desk for Sams Club. She gets about 2 Vizio's returned a week for pixel problems, electrical porblems, general picture problems. She also continually hears how bad Vizio's customer service is from those who are returning. I've never owned one, don't know anyone who does......Just throwing that out there.

sony has stopped producing plasma tv's and are concentrating all their efforts in the lcd technology. i just recently purchased a sharp aquos lcdhd 1080p for my bedroom and a playstation3 which is a platform for bluray. movies on bluray are AWESOME and so are the ps3 games. go to cnet.com for good advice before purchasing. i did a lot of reseach b4 my purchase and i am very satisfied. the way to go IMHO is lcdhd in 1080p.

I have a panasonic plasma 720p 50"....I LOVE IT!!!!!! I did some research before I bought mine and this was the best one for the price....

Just my 2 cents.  My wife works Membership desk for Sams Club.  She gets about 2 Vizio's returned a week for pixel problems, electrical porblems, general picture problems.  She also continually hears how bad Vizio's customer service is from those who are returning.  I've never owned one, don't know anyone who does......Just throwing that out there.
wowold.gif

Ya get what ya pay for huh?

r8

Buying a tv use to be easy. Now, you have to read up on them. You can't go wrong with Sony, Sharp, Samsung. They are all nice.

Would like to buy another myself and sell my 55 inch but the jailbait said I didn't need it. (like that stopped me)

Forgot to mention that www.wallmounts.com has great prices on wall mounts and such.

r8

Back