Plasma glow headlights

I wouldn't try them.
Too many watts.
I put some on a 97 GSXR 600 and the wiring melt and I had to replace it.

kkattan - "I wouldnt use em", but glad you posted a thread on this (good talking to you by the way). And if you didnt get a ballast or ignitor - they not HID...100 = too hot for stock in my opinion

okay.. will email the vendor...see if any warranties. or such..

dont want to chance melting my wires.

are they safe for my honda automobile?

<!--EDIT|kkattan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142725426 -->

kkattan - "I wouldnt use em", but glad you posted a thread on this (good talking to you by the way). And if you didnt get a ballast or ignitor - they not HID...100 = too hot for stock in my opinion
good to talk to you too!
smile.gif

You could easily add a relay with heavier gauge wiring. Of course if the bulb itself puts out too much heat you could melt the plastic fairing lens. From a legal standpoint you could also get your azz in a sling with the wrong cop or just piss someone off to the point they swerve into your lane and hit you head on...I'd never use it for low beam.
One of my old bikes had a chrome metal headlight housing. When the bulb burned out Honda wanted like $80 for a new bulb which was basically the same as a round 70's style car headlight. Instead I installed an aftermarket flat lead crystal bulb housing into the bikes metal headlight housing and then installed a modern halogen bulb. The company sent me the wrong bulb though, instead of a 55/60 watt I got a 90/130. The 90 watt low beam did NOT make oncoming traffic happy! The high beam on and both elements burning for a combined 220 watts was sweet. It turned night into day...I could also fry an egg on the metal housing! It was way too overkill and was bound to cause more harm than good either through road rage or a fried stator. Pulled it and installed a 60/75 watt and was quite happy.

B4 I changed over to HID in my tahoe I was using 100watt lights verry similar to the ones you have and had no problem with my wires burning up or melting. I used them for about 2 years. They did create alot more heat than the 65 watt bulbs though.
But I am not saying that you should use them...because they usually do have a warning on the package about the higher wattage. just my .02cents

B4 I changed over to HID in my tahoe I was using 100watt lights verry similar to the ones you have and had no problem with my wires burning up or melting.  I used them for about 2 years.  They did create alot more heat than the 65 watt bulbs though.
But I am not saying that you should use them...because they usually do have a warning on the package about the higher wattage.  just my .02cents
two years in your Tahoe or two yeras in your Busa?

had them in my Gixxer 750 for a year,no probs. Had a 100 watt in my busa hi beam plug for 40,000 clicks,but it wasn't that brand.

Back