Planning another Trip Route 33 VA-WVA-Ohio

Djxtrodinaire

Registered
Big E told me about RT 33 so I looked it up on google map and my jaw dropped Holy S#!T! looks like a fun road to be on.

Anyone ever been on this road?
250+ miles of good twist and bends
Or it could be just my imagination. ???

Elkton, VA to Ripley, WV - Google Maps

Rt33.jpg

YEP.....33 heading into Harrisonburg is a blast. Two lanes up the mountain with BANKED turns...bet there are times that the bike is actually horizontal in the turns. Best riding twist road I have ever been on!:thumbsup:

Plus....its one of those roads that you see hill to one side / road / then nothing but sky over the guardrails on the other side. Be careful, but if you have skill and some ballz....its a blast.

Oh lord......(sigh)...Ok Deejay we BEEN over this...this is NOT a parking lot:poke::laugh: you can't handle this type of road bro...you need to stick to this:rofl::rofl::rofl:

rider-safety-course.jpg

I've done part of it, Deejay.

Here's what I did that day.
I-270 to I-70
From I-70, I took I-68
I-68 to 219
219 to 33
33 to 79 then back to I-68 and headed home from there.

That's what I've been telling you about the Cumberland and surrounding areas. Lots of nice roads out there. I really love that area. Also, if you haven't done I-79, thats a fun ride, too. High speed sweepers.

I-79 is also the one I took when I went to New River Gorge Bridge. Now, that's one ride you would really want to do. If I remember it right, it's about 350 miles one way. AWESOME ride.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

That's a nice route. I miss the WV roads. Rt 50 east from Bridgeport to Rt 81 is one of my favorites.

Oh lord......(sigh)...Ok Deejay we BEEN over this...this is NOT a parking lot:poke::laugh: you can't handle this type of road bro...you need to stick to this:rofl::rofl::rofl:

C'mon Lycan.....he won't have any problem keeping up. He's got his highly modified scoot. I know you didn't know that.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
No worries, Lycan. If he starts to pull away, I'll be here to wait for you.:laugh:
4668831756_e998306a3e_b.jpg

33 gets worse the farther west you go. After passing 16 in Arnoldsburg WV it's not very twisty and past I77 in Ripley it is straight and level. At Arnoldsburg it's better to hit 16 and maybe 47. My best suggestion would be to leave 33 west of Glenville using Tanner Road. Get on 47 at Burnt House. Any questions give me a yell.

stay on 33 all the way into mishawaka indiana and you will go right by my house:laugh:

If I lived closer I would love to hit that road with you. It looks like it would be a blast to ride!!

Back