Plan On Selling My 06 In The Spring. Would Like Opinions

jch364

Registered
Last year when I went to the dragon I planned on a week. I ended up coming home a day early. The reason was that I was in so much discomfort from riding that I couldnt stay. It took me a good 2 weeks after I got home to feel normal again. Thats when I realized it was time to sell. So I was wondering what a fair price would be based on what I list here. I know there are a lot of variables but just trying to get some input on it.
2006 red/black hayabusa
58k miles
engine and transmission work done around 40k or so.
1397 kit from Brock. when the rebuild was done i replaced both the upper and lower bearings.
j/e pistons,cams degreed. manual cam sprockets and tension-er, cam chain, brock alien head stainless, brock light weight clutch mod, steel front and rear brake lines, steel clutch lines. shift light, pmr kill switch, vortex front and rear sprockets last year, vortex rear sets last year, new rear angel gt tire last year has maybe 3k miles on it. front angel gt has maybe 6k from year before, front and rear wheel bearings last year. new ek 3d chain last year with sprockets. new grips. i have a pump on it and the epuipment for an air shifter. I may hook it up next spring. had taken it off when i changed rearsets.

In addition i have a couple of front seats. one stock and the other custom. Corbin maybe. cant remember it was several years ago. Maybe Tobin. Anyway I have a couple of double bubble windscreens. one clear and the other smoke. I have a set of rear luggage. Cortech. old but still works. And a couple different sizes of tank bags. Bought a busa rain cover last year also. Front and rear stands. Nothing fancy. probably forgetting a few things.

My dear friend did the tuning with a dyno jet dyno and did the cams and such. As I recall it tuned out at 195hp with 120 lbs torque ... Ive posted some threads in the past you can look at if interested on this. Trying to go off memory. I keep the bike very clean. Wouldnt know its age by looking at it.

So what yall think? I thought maybe 3500 ish?

Sounds like some one would get a steal. I'd sell all the extra stuff you have separately. And I would think you would get closer to 6

Sucks that you have to sell. Do you have some "battle scars" that make it uncomfortable to ride the busa? Back problems?....?

Return it to stock as best you can and sell all your extras separately on the org.

All those bolt-on mods are worth nothing when bolted on.

You should be in at least 5k range minimum. If someone doesn't understand what you have done to it, it wont matter to them and you will get minimum. If some one knows the work...you should get closer to 6k.

i dont have anyway to change the bike back. thanks all for the input. once I do sell it i will put up all of my gear here. the worst part is i just bought a pair of those alpinestars motogp gloves and a brand new pair of sidi vortice airs that i got to wear once! ugg. those freaking boots are $500 retail. I bought them some place on line last year though for less. dont remember the exact price... well anyway. this blows

JCH

I would be interested in your machine. I know its a pain, but could you post pics? I looked through a few pages of your posts and didnt see any.

I will try to do that. my personal pc has crapped out but i will try to use the ones on my phone.

IMG_0080.PNG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0080.PNG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0483.JPG
heres hoping the upload works

Just curious - Are you done riding anything or just done with the Busa.

Is there any other bike in your future - maybe something more comfortable?

Just curious - Are you done riding anything or just done with the Busa.

Is there any other bike in your future - maybe something more comfortable?

well my plan at the moment is to get a Victory cross country tour in the spring of 2018. Never plan on not riding at all. just cant do that...lol...

good luck and good choice for a replacement bike.. the victory cross country is a very nice bike . and is price affordable

i dont have anyway to change the bike back. thanks all for the input. once I do sell it i will put up all of my gear here. the worst part is i just bought a pair of those alpinestars motogp gloves and a brand new pair of sidi vortice airs that i got to wear once! ugg. those freaking boots are $500 retail. I bought them some place on line last year though for less. dont remember the exact price... well anyway. this blows
Are those gloves by any chance the gp1 version?. I have a pair and love them!

Back