Pj1 chain lube

wd 40 aint worth a dam for nothing! are you you stoned?
He is not talking about lubing the chain with it. He is talking about degreasing with. WD-40 does a great job of degreasing. It is also good for taking off Sharpie marks where they do not belong. Just do not use it on drywall.

I just don't spry it on my tire! :poke: it works for me. but i have been using chain wax for 20 years.

I second the Dupont Synthetic chain lube. Recent article in Motorcycle Consumer News worth reading. Wardie

Goop or Gojo waterless hand cleaner - or whatever brand of waterless hand cleaner you like, as long as it doesn't have pumice (grit) in it. Slather it on the wheel or other parts dry and let it sit a minute, and then wipe off, or use a brush if it's really caked on grease. And then rinse off.

The key to this is to put it on the surface dry. It just doesn't work very well if the surface is wet.

One reason I like this compared to WD 40 is that it doesn't leave the surface all oily.

Don't use engine cleaner like Gunk Engine Brite or Foamy Engine Brite. That stuff will cause aluminum to start corroding.

goop-the-ultimate-stain-lifter-hand-cleaner-14-oz-36736.jpg

Last edited:
Castrol Super Clean works really well. Wont hurt the paint and is biodegradable. I use it with a toothbrush on the chain every couple years. Also works great for road grime.

PJ1 makes an air filter cleaner as well. I use it for an all around grease cleaner. You have to try it. Does not harm paint or anything yet will take off any amount of chain grease in one swipe after you spray it on. It really does work amazing. Just use it once and you will be hooked.

I second the Dupont Synthetic chain lube. Recent article in Motorcycle Consumer News worth reading. Wardie

wd-40 to clean the chain

dupont stuff to lube, $5 avail at lowes.......no fling......you can see my shiny gold chain......bling bling mofo's! :laugh:

Back