Pj-1 chainlube

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I been using the blue label my son had bought for a while now and since the can is getting low I figure it's my turn. Guy at the shop tells me "get the black label, it's new and improved and better". Allright, I'll try it...

Black label is crap, after spending time cleaning and retightening my chain and using black label...stuff comes out like dirty sticky grease...on my short ride this morning...threw black crap all over the swingarm, exhaust, etc...I did follow directions and wipe away excess, evidently not well enough.

One side note though, I've got an odd noise, when I'm slowing down it sounds like a siren in the backround or like 4x4 tire noise very faint. I'm thinking, I never heard that noise before. It's not the motor, I coasted in neutral and it still did it (it is very faint).

I adjusted the chain a few turns each side of the wheel at a time very carefully so I can't believe the wheel alignment changed at all.

I also don't believe the chain is to tight, when I push up it touches the bottom plastic piece, although I have to push with a little force. Maybe I'll try backing it up some and see if that is it.

I tried the same "Black Label" twice . Guess I didn't get enough mess to clean up the first time , so I tried it again . Man ! What a friggin' mess !! Never again !

chain wax!
cool.gif

++++1 on the Maxima chain wax........cleaned and Maxima chain waxed at the 600 mi. maintainance and so far with the following 100 mi. the Maxima is holding well and NO MESS.
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

the blue label is some of the best stuff on the maket.put in on before or after a ride.i dont know why they even make the black .its messy junk.

++++1 on the Maxima chain wax........cleaned and Maxima chain waxed at the 600 mi. maintainance and so far with the following 100 mi. the Maxima is holding well and NO MESS.
smile.gif

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
It's all I use. 6k miles on my bike and haven't had to adjust the chain yet. NO mess. Spary it on wait 15 minutes wipe all the excess off. I hold a rag around the chain and spin the tire to get it all off of the side plates.

smile.gif

biggrin.gif

All this PJ bashing, i must chime in. Been using PJ heavy duty. Chain adjusted once after inital stretch at 1400 miles. Stock chain now has 14000 miles. Looks good enough to last another 14000 miles. No stretching after the inital one.

"Chain adjusted once after inital stretch at 1400 miles. Stock chain now has 14000 miles."

Is someone riding like my gramma used to?

Back