Pix of HID Lights on my Gen2

Looks great. I wonder what the corner lights would look like if they were a different color. Like a different shade of blue. HID's make all the difference in the world. Last night people kept flashing me to turn off my bright lights. The sheriff dept. had a checkpoint set up last night over by the Univ. Of Tampa looking for drunk drivers and they all asked about my bike and my HID. I questioned them about it and they all said they never saw a problem with them. I run 8000k temp. Low and I will probably get the high beam set up for HID to in the future. My high beam looks out of place when turned on with the HID low beam.

O.K. I found the LED corner lights at Pep Boys. A pair of them run $9.99.

I will retrieve them, install them tonight, take pix, and post 'em up tomorrow.

Thanks, all for the interest and advice.

Scar

HUH?........PEP BOYZ? for 10 bucks! WTF? did i just spend 30.00 for something my local autoparts store has down the street for a 1/3 the price? :banghead: SCAR, hey bud....are they the same thing? same part #? thx

HUH?........PEP BOYZ? for 10 bucks! WTF? did i just spend 30.00 for something my local autoparts store has down the street for a 1/3 the price? :banghead: SCAR, hey bud....are they the same thing? same part #? thx

According to the guy at eautowhatever.com. I called him to see if I could get them locally. He told me, begrudgingly, that they are available at auto parts stores (call around). One Pep Boys I called put some on hold for me. I called another (which I found to be more convenient to my route home) and they didn't have them in stock...so you should definitely call first. Also, make sure they have the color in stock...bright white, fo sho. Pep Boys also carries the amber, red, and blue...so that's another clue that they're the same.

I had relayed to him a sense of urgency and I think he was trying to be all Miracle on 34th Street for me; which, of course, works for me. So, since he told me exactly what part number it normally goes by, and when I called the shop they knew exactly what that part number referred to, I'm proceeding with confidence to go retrieve them. I printed out the page from eautowhatever.com so I could compare them in-store.

If you PM me your number in the next half hour, I'll send you a text after I pick 'em up.

I'm way interested in the HID's I'm riding in the dark every morning. And I would love to have more light.... I'll do a search and start hunting for infor.

All I ever do is make sure I give the lowbeam enough time to fully charge the system and then start the bike that way the lowbeam will not cutout when starting the bike.. I have tried it both ways and if you start the bike before the bulb is at full power it will go off and stay off.

looks great...my favorite and in my opinion best safety mod out there :beerchug:

All I ever do is make sure I give the lowbeam enough time to fully charge the system and then start the bike that way the lowbeam will not cutout when starting the bike.. I have tried it both ways and if you start the bike before the bulb is at full power it will go off and stay off.

Huh? your low beam light goes out when you start your bike(normal).....BUT THEN DOES NOT TURN BACK ON ??? what HID kit are you running?

Huh? your low beam light goes out when you start your bike(normal).....BUT THEN DOES NOT TURN BACK ON ??? what HID kit are you running?

i know some of the earlier bikes did this but thought they had fixed this in '03

I might have missed the info of where..but Im wanting to put those on my 08' Busa..where did you order them?:bowdown:
They look great! I have the Black/Grey 08' and I want to add that to my baby! I just bought the Scorpio i900 and need to install that this weekend!
Much love to my Busa Family!

I might have missed the info of where..but Im wanting to put those on my 08' Busa..where did you order them?:bowdown:
They look great! I have the Black/Grey 08' and I want to add that to my baby! I just bought the Scorpio i900 and need to install that this weekend!
Much love to my Busa Family!

Hey, bro...I'd get my kit from the sponsors. XenonKing or some such... That way, you have credibility built into the purchase...and a world of service behind that.

I have the Scorpio, as well. It's sweet...takes a little 'installin', though.

Hope your HIDs turn out well... :beerchug:

Good..:beerchug:Im going to do that on the lights! How was the install of the alarm? Easy for someone who can install a high end surround system in a home and a ps3 easy..or easy for a "TECHNICIAN" easy..Im not the Technician type, so I dont want to get mid way and feel like F*CK..what the hell do I do now!????
Or should I just take all of it to a dealership and let them drain my pockets.

Last edited:
Being not very interested in that type of work...

For the alarm: I had two friends (people I know and trust) install my alarm. It was very involved, and is something I never would have attempted myself. I invited a bunch of peeps over, ordered pizza and drinks, and made a party of it in my garage.

For the HID: I had an offer from a guy who has installed a great number of them. He came to my garage and did the install in about an hour. I paid him $100/which was more than he thought the job was worth. I figured it'd make him feel responsible if something didn't work out 'just right' with my lights...he could fix it without the anticipation of being paid (again). And I could ask him to do so without feeling guilty or like I was getting 'milked'.

My recommendation is to look over the install instructions before you begin (as with anything), and make your assessment at that time.

Also, take a look at the 'running lights' in the 2nd pic in the thread launch. You might want to consider getting the bright white LEDs so that you don't have a yellow/white combo as in the pic. I've changed mine. And, FWIW, I did require additional in-line resistors to make the system work properly.

Yeah...I never would have done these jobs myself.

Good..:beerchug:Im going to do that on the lights! How was the install of the alarm? Easy for someone who can install a high end surround system in a home and a ps3 easy..or easy for a "TECHNICIAN" easy..Im not the Technician type, so I dont want to get mid way and feel like F*CK..what the hell do I do now!????
Or should I just take all of it to a dealership and let them drain my pockets.

Im about as far away from a wiring professional as you come. Just a computer geek. As long as you have the wiring harness, pretty much everything is just plug in , pull the wires through the bike and hook it up to the battery. Pretty easy. Just read the instructions. Took about an hour or so. The only issue I came across was figuring out which wire to attach the engine kill on. Guess wrong the first time.:banghead:

Hmmm...to the professionals, my baby goes! IM not about to go riding and my bike all of sudden shuts down or lights go out...nope, not taking the chance! Thanks guys! :thumbsup:
I love reading manuals..well some, depending if its 3d software or audio equip..but nothing that deals with something that can alter my state of being! :laugh:

Back