Pix of HID Lights on my Gen2

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey, all...installed night before last, just took 'em out on the road for the first time in the dark, last night.

Well, it WAS dark; 'til I got there! :laugh:

These are 6000k H7/H9's; took about an hour to install (my bud, Jaws, did most of the work and the teaching, of course). Small individual ballasts easy to find places to mount.

The low-beam light pattern these particular HIDs make on the road is very cool...like two very wide interlacing, multi-arc, opposing aspect regions congregating, emenating, overlapping at centerline.

When the projector is on, well, you hardly notice anything except the reflective road signs about a mile away.

Fantastic deal on the kit, which comes with a full lifetime warranty.

Pix were taken this morning outside my office; cloud-cover = moderate marine layer.

One of the most significant 'personalizations' I've made to any bike. I'll have to get 'em for the Gen1, now.

Highly recommended.

:thumbsup:

HIG-Lights-(1).gif

HID-Lights-(2).gif

Looks good bro! Hit up Busa159, he found out what bulbs fit the corner lights so it will all look the same.

Looks good bro! Hit up Busa159, he found out what bulbs fit the corner lights so it will all look the same.

Cool. Thanks. That part was definitely 'next'.

Appreciate the advice...I know Steve'll hook it for me.

:beerchug:

thats the 1st mod everyone should do

did you instal a resister or switch,I didnt and burned out low beam transformer within 6 months,they should start putting resisters in the damn kits

You're definitely right about these babies putting out some light !! I noticed too man these dudes reflect off the road signs from a looonnngg way off :thumbsup:
It was one of the best mods I could have done to mine too..I very seldom have to use my bright light anymore, but I do when it's foggy or if I want to really light it up! I am soooo glad I did this too... seems like the cagers "see" me better now too:thumbsup::cheerleader:

Oh yeah, I saw some post here recently too where somebody put the other bulbs in the top running lights--- as was said, it completes the look- you'll definitely have to get them (shouldn't be but a little bit for the two bulbs).... You know we are all about "completing the look".... It's just an addiction I can't help it either !!!

Last edited:
You're definitely right about these babies putting out some light !! I noticed too man these dudes reflect off the road signs from a looonnngg way off :thumbsup:
It was one of the best mods I could have done to mine too..I very seldom have to use my bright light anymore, but I do when it's foggy or if I want to really light it up! I am soooo glad I did this too... seems like the cagers "see" me better now too:thumbsup::cheerleader:

I'm tending to conclude that the high-beam will be utilized mostly during the day. Strange, but true.

The projector is just offensive; which can be a good thing, in some circumstances.

:poke: <== if you know what I mean...

LOOKS GREAT SCAR :bowdown: ...... i too have the 6000k low beam, there awesome! Its a little blue at first,then when it getz warmed up, its like WHITE LIGHTNING :laugh:
BTW, I'd like to get some matching running lights also. please post part# when ya guy's find out? thx :thumbsup:

LOOKS GREAT SCAR :bowdown: ...... i too have the 6000k low beam, there awesome! Its a little blue at first,then when it getz warmed up, its like WHITE LIGHTNING :laugh:
BTW, I'd like to get some matching running lights also. please post part# when ya guy's find out? thx :thumbsup:

You gotty, mang. I have a PM in to BUSA159, so when he replies, I'll paste it up here or he can shout.

You're right about it going from the bluish to the very white after about 15 seconds.

Sweet~

thats the 1st mod everyone should do

did you instal a resister or switch,I didnt and burned out low beam transformer within 6 months,they should start putting resisters in the damn kits

I didn't have to do anything except install. I'll see if there's one in this system and can let you know. Thanks for the head's-up, too!

I didn't have to do anything except install. I'll see if there's one in this system and can let you know. Thanks for the head's-up, too!

it will work without it,theres alot of threads about this topic,i choose not to instal either and just last week while i was already out noticed i didnt have a reflection when i came up behind a car,pulled over and sure enough i had no head lite,i flipped on the high beam for the ride home,took the nose of and changed the transformer (just happened to have an extra one)and it works fine now

Best change I have ever made to a bike. I use the 5k light and it's white/white.
I start the bike by holding in on the starter button before I turn on the key. That way, the light doesn't come on and then immediately have to go off while cranking. Should save the electronics.

Best change I have ever made to a bike. I use the 5k light and it's white/white.
I start the bike by holding in on the starter button before I turn on the key. That way, the light doesn't come on and then immediately have to go off while cranking. Should save the electronics.

Great idea, Mark. I'll try that, as well. Seems to make a lot of sense, anyway. Thanks!

I didn't even think to ask you about this issue.... most folks do install the resistor OR a on/off switch to save the ignitors from burning out Scar...
I personally just installed a two-way switch (on/off) into the hot wire on my low beam...

What I do is just have the switch off when I turn my key on....this keeps the light from coming on- after I have started the bike, just flip the switch on and you have light.... the only thing you have to get used to is cutting the light off with the switch as you are shutting down (that way the light is off when you go to start up next time).
What is happening without the switch is :
When you turn the key on, the light comes on...
When you hit the start button, the light goes off momentarily then comes back on a second time after start up.... this is causing you to use the ignitor TWICE every time....thus the premature burn out of your ignitor....
With the switch YOU control it- only using it once saves the life of the ignitor....

I didn't even think to ask you about this issue.... most folks do install the resistor OR a on/off switch to save the ignitors from burning out Scar...
I personally just installed a two-way switch (on/off) into the hot wire on my low beam...

What I do is just have the switch off when I turn my key on....this keeps the light from coming on- after I have started the bike, just flip the switch on and you have light.... the only thing you have to get used to is cutting the light off with the switch as you are shutting down (that way the light is off when you go to start up next time).
What is happening without the switch is :
When you turn the key on, the light comes on...
When you hit the start button, the light goes off momentarily then comes back on a second time after start up.... this is causing you to use the ignitor TWICE every time....thus the premature burn out of your ignitor....
With the switch YOU control it- only using it once saves the life of the ignitor....

This, too, makes a lot of sense. I've talked to the manufacturer's rep and importer about whether there is a resistor in the system, and he tells me that there is, but it's always a good idea to go the extra steps (with everything you have) to not put your goods through unnecessary stress if you can avoid it.

In general, I agree with this theory...naturally...tending to take the best care of everything I have so it will (in theory) treat me right, too.

I got this kit from 1 OFF Motorsports - HID Conversion Kits (specializing in assisting folks like me make, personalize their machines); a local company, whose owner is an acquaintance of mine.

O.K. I found the LED corner lights at Pep Boys. A pair of them run $9.99.

I will retrieve them, install them tonight, take pix, and post 'em up tomorrow.

Thanks, all for the interest and advice.

Scar

Back