Pitbull Trailer restraint (WHO uses them)

Do people weld in cross members at the plate mounting locations or just make a steel plate to put on the underside of the floor? Or am I just being paranoid?

I've never seen that done. 3/4 marine grade plywood flooring is what you'll find in most trailers. Like I said earlier in this post, I've towed thousands of miles with them with zero issues.

Thanks for the reply. I was bored so I went to home depot and found some 2" channel and made a couple of cross members. I will finish the one side and use your advise on the other side and just bolt it to the floor.

i dont think i have a pic of that right now but i weld a crossmember underneath just to be on the safe side... my cousin had the metal bars and a welder in his shed so it was just another thing to get done...

I completed the cross member for the Hayabusa and the pit bike is only tied to the plywood floor. The important bike is never going anywhere, but I am guessing it is overkill

We haul my busa and my buddies Duck in the back of his F150 with the pitbull rear stand. Super duper system. My highest recommendation.

Flick and a cast...

F6.png

Back