PitBull Stands

I have the front pin type stand and the spool rear stand and I used them on my GSXR,TL-R and my Hayabusa.The rear spool stand is top notch and the front pin type under the center neck hole type stand works pretty good also.Pit bull stands are number one in my books.I got the silver spool for the rear swing arm to match the swing arm color.The only down side with the rear stand was that the rear handle would hit the rear fender alittle,now if you cut the fender down about three inches you would have no problem.The front pin type stand is great cause with this stand you can work on your front tire or remove the sliders with no problem.The under the front leg stand is OK for just doing the tire change or other maintance stuff like cleaning the front rim. Go to Pit-Bull.com or Pitbull.com and you can see how the various bikes look with the stand underneath it.Good luck

Cisco, Ed are you guys using the adaptor with the FRONT Pitbull stand or was that not needed for the Busa?

The front pit-bull stand with the pin is really good if you don't have your bike lowered in the front and a little more expensive. Without the pen you can't move your forks. Todd, are you in the market for some stands?

I saved 100$ buying my pitbull stands from Cycle Stuff. The front and rear stands work great but because my bike is lowered the converter for the front won't work unless I remove the front fender but without the converter it works fine unless you need to remove the fork legs and how often do you do that. Thanks chuck for the great deals

Turbo Rick

Todd,
I have the stand with the pin that goes up into the triple tree. If that is the one you mean, there is a specific pin that fits the Bus. Just tell them what bikes you want to use it for and thy will tell you which pins you need.

I'm supposed to get mine today. Is everybody strapping the bike to the garage door rails to put it on the stand, or somebody came up with a better idea for a solo performance (garage door closed, of course)?

Show your wife how to hold it up straight long enough to raise it with the rear stand. :) Front stand is supposed to be solo.

I have a front stand from my R1, any one know if I can just change the #8 pin to whatever it is the busa takes? What pin # is on the Busa stand for those who have it. Also If you could measure the length of the bar the pin goes into I would appreciate it. Maybe I can save a few bucks and just replace the pin.

I've got the spool rear and front forklift. Don't use your wife, just take the hump off and grab the bike and put it onto the spools. Right hand on bike, left on stand: piece of cake. A bit scary at first (kid's love the show), but you'll quickly get used to it!!! It's even easier if you have the handle installed.

--Felix

Mike K,

Busa requires the #5 pin for front fork stand. I recall Charlie/Pit-Bull "installing" the #5 pin to my handle, so you should not have to change more than that.
Email Charlie at pitbull@traveller.com if you have any questions. It's "Pit-Bull City" in his shop in Huntsville, AL.

Front/Rear in the house.

[This message has been edited by byhalia (edited 11 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by byhalia (edited 11 January 2000).]

Back