Pitbull stand just came in!

Blacksmith

Registered
Thanks to all ya'll that suggested Pitbull I think it's worth every penny. I got the new model that's made for spools but has the forward facing handle and I don't think I could push my bike over with this thing under her. Granted it's not the easiest thing to lift but I feel much safer being right beside the bike during the lift instead of standing back behind her. I bit the bullet and ordered one after she rolled forward making the side stand fold up and fell over breaking the stem on the left mirror last Sat. New mirrors and stand both came in today. Thanks again for the Pitbull advice it's everything yall said it is

Last edited:
If the Pitbull stands were sold here in NZ, I'd have one by now . . . they look great and work so well too.
Blow pic is the stand I have and it is really hard work to lift the bike with it and the rear wheel is way too high when it's lifted. That's the reason it's so hard to lift, the leverage to height ratio is all wrong.
The Pitbull has really got that ratio sorted.
1555664743282.png

1555665017275.png

Thanks for that! I leave her in gear and try to put the front tire against the curb when possible but sometimes that makes it hard to back her up (I twisted my left knee a month or so ago that makes pushing back while sitting on the bike painful) but i'm still nervous about those little gremlins that come and push for bike over when you're inside a store or restaurant

Thanks for that! I leave her in gear and try to put the front tire against the curb when possible but sometimes that makes it hard to back her up (I twisted my left knee a month or so ago that makes pushing back while sitting on the bike painful) but i'm still nervous about those little gremlins that come and push for bike over when you're inside a store or restaurant
I know the feeling. I never did like the original angle of the kickstand and was always a bit paranoid about it. One time had a buddy roll my bike out of the garage and he unknowingly parked it on a slight downgrade. It rolled off the kickstand and caused some major damage. I did the kickstand mod shortly after and it's at a much more secure angle now.

I also just lowered my bike an 1" last week and it didn't require a new/shorter kickstand, which was nice. Bonus!

I know the feeling. I never did like the original angle of the kickstand and was always a bit paranoid about it. One time had a buddy roll my bike out of the garage and he unknowingly parked it on a slight downgrade. It rolled off the kickstand and caused some major damage. I did the kickstand mod shortly after and it's at a much more secure angle now.

I also just lowered my bike an 1" last week and it didn't require a new/shorter kickstand, which was nice. Bonus!
I didnt think about the lowering part, maybe that's why mine rolled like she did. She came with a lowering link that drops 1 to 1.5" I think but there's no modification to the stand. That makes a more upright position and easier to fall from a sidestand....wish I would've thought about that sooner since it caused several scratches on my fairings that will be harder to fix than a new pair or mirrors

Back