PIT-ECK CARBON BOLT ON MUFFLERS

sharpbusa

Registered
guns.gif

race.gif
  Are the Pit-eck bolt on mufflers on ebay for $300.00 any good? Does anyone know how they sound?

$300 for a set? uhhhhh....I think you already know the answer to that question. Go with Akrapovic,Yosh,2 Brothers.....

race.gif
guns.gif
The Pit-eck carbon actually look great if you check them out! I just want some bolt ons for more sound. How about Muzzy VS. Yoshi???

Check out the Tsukigi bolt ons from Greg at HPC. I paid $320 for the pair and love them. Get many complements on the sound, and the quality is 2 nd to none.

I just got a DB windscreen from Pit-Tek...was thinking about this bolt-ons...the ugly yellow Logo sticker is removable too.

i looked at these also. my question was the same as yours...what do they sound like?
i got the undertail from them and am very pleased with it. i put on a hugger as well, but it came in contact with the undertail and got scuff marks on it. so i took it off. if anyone is looking for one, mine is available.

i just heard back from the ebay seller about the exhaust and he tells me that it is comparable to the Yoshi RS3's
i think i will order a pair and take my chances. they also have the DB smoked screens...maybe one of those toooo.
smile.gif

GO for it and tell us what you think after. I am curious as to the sound and quality. I had a pit-eck DB windscreen that broke shortly after I got it and am curious if there other products are good.

i have not forgotten...pipes were ordered this morning. just awaiting confirmation and shipping info. i will post something here or on youtube with before and after sound bites and dB readings at different revs.
i will keep you posted.(those who are interested that is
biggrin.gif
)

(sharpbusa @ Jun. 10 2007,18:05)
race.gif

guns.gif
The Pit-eck carbon actually look great if you check them out! I just want some bolt ons for more sound. How about Muzzy VS. Yoshi???
Muzzy has best sound

(Bruiserman @ Jun. 22 2007,12:14) GO for it and tell us what you think after.  I am curious as to the sound and quality.  I had a pit-eck DB windscreen that broke shortly after I got it and am curious if there other products are good.
i also bought my undertail from the same company.  very pleased with it.

well...
the pipes arrived today.  they are stock length, and weigh abit less (stock - 6.75 lbs each, CF - 5.10 lbs each).  the inlet is 2" and the outlet is slightly oval @ 2" X 1 /3/4" - Straight-thru design. they come with the bolts (allen head) to mount them, and the stock gasket fits perfectly.  the CF is nice.  there is one small imperfection on one of them that will be visible when installed, but i will not worry about it.  there are a couple of others small ones as well, but unless the bike is laying on its side, they wont be seen  
biggrin.gif

i will post dB readings compared to stock at different RPM's in the next couple of days.  i will also post a sound bite here if possible, or on youtube.com.  when it is done, i will post the link to it.
any questions, ask...
BTW, the yellow label was not on the pipes, they were in plastic sleeves in the box.  cool, no need to remove them

Seriously, those are Yoshi TRS's. How many machines in the world do you suppose make the same exact aftermarket carbonfiber pipe design? Maybe 2 if that. Just for example, did you know that there are only 2 manufactrurers of guitar string in the world and every company that sells them, Ie., Ernie Ball, D' Addario, Boomers, all buy from the same exact factory.
I'd be willing to bet money that these came right from the Yoshi factory as maybe factory 2nd's. Try the TRS bolt on Map with these.

well, the pipes are on. fit was good, but had to adjust the intermediate pipe so that they were at the same height. the bracket had to be adjusted to fit the pipe right, and one of the bolts on each side needed to have a couple of washers added to prevent it from bottoming out. i will be cutting the bolt when i have a nut that i can use to chase the threads.
the sound...there is a nice deep rumble at idle. not loud, just deep. when the revs pick up, it becomes more like the stock pipes, but just abit louder. i have not taken the dB readings yet. that should be by monday night. i will post them when i have them. i took the bike for a ride, and by the seat-of-the-pants dyno, it seems to pull abit more. one thing for sure is that the front wheel seems to be alot lighter now.
check out the pics...
later

IMG_1331.JPG

Back