Pit bull stand issue

rykstr

Registered
Tried to clean my chain on the 08, and with stock tail,it wont go under enough to catch the spools, Hits the fender!,,, That is all,,, get back to work,,,NOW!

Having a tough time visualizing what you are referring to.

Roll your rear tire up on a block of wood or stacked cut pieces of card board, whatever it takes to elevate your rear tire 3/4" to 1" off the ground. Then your Pit Bull will work fine!

Roll your rear tire up on a block of wood or stacked cut pieces of card board, whatever it takes to elevate your rear tire 3/4" to 1" off the ground. Then your Pit Bull will work fine!
I guess I will have to until this weekend to manufacture one out of fiberglass like I did in the Girls 05 1K

road_trip_007.jpg

Plenty of good advice here!

I personally did the piece of 2X4 under the rear wheel. I didn't want to buy a new stand, to replace the one I just bought. I also didn't want to remove the dopey little tail that extends under the license plate.

Here's what I did, and it works pretty well: I ordered two shims from Pit-Bull for adapting the stand to fit a CBR929 (asymmetrical swing-arm). They cost $7.95 a piece. pit-bull.com

The result is that they extend the lift forks just enough to allow me to grab the spools without mutilating the tail. It works, but it is still a close fit.

Just spoke with their tech support. they said that this happend with the ZX-14 also. Most will opt to remove it so they wont change the stand anytime soon. I told him that I dont recall having this on th 99, 01, 05 Busa, but that was the first thing that I customized so Iduno! I will try the board trick when I get home, seems to me the bike leans over a bit more than all my others, or maybee its me!

That is hysterical! Quite the talent!
laugh.gif

Sounds like it's time for a shovel mod
beerchug.gif

Attachments

• awesomebusa.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 69
Guess if i were paying attention I would have realized that you were talking about an '08. The rear fender sits that low, huh? Yeah, guess you could get a new stand or find something to elevate the rear wheel before using.

a no handed wheelie while looking away from the road gearless....... daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmn u got some skillz!!!!

but +1 on elevatiing the rear...
beerchug.gif

Back