pistol advice

black diamond busa

Team Jacob
Registered
So looking at getting a pistol when income taxes are here. I was wondering what people here like to shoot. I will also be getting my conceal carry permit. Looking for a good pistol that I can carry and for home defense. I have shot a ruger sr40 and liked that one. I have also shot a Springfield xd and didn't like the feel of it in my hands.

If you liked the SR40, go for it! Those are nice pistols. You have to go to a range, rent some guns and try them out. Nobody can tell you what to get, it's like women, each one of 'ems different... :laugh:

You'll buy one, then you'll buy more..

Guns are like tattoos, one just one cut it.

Guns are like boobs.. You see one pair, you wanna see 'em all!

I'm a fan of the Smith and Wesson M&P40 compact if you're looking for a .40

:rofl: nice bots. Yeah I know pistols are a preference as my buddy loves his Springfield and I don't like how it fits my hands. I'm a newb when it comes to guns so figured I would ask around. Is the 40 the smallest I want to go or is a 9mm OK? I hear mixed opinions on that

Nothing wrong with 9mm at all..

It's all about what you're comfortable with..

Whatever you get become extremely proficient with it. When panic sets in and adrenaline spikes through the roof all you'll have is muscle memory.

9mm, .40, .45acp, .45gap, none of that matters if you cant hit your target. Like bots recommended, go to a range and rent several and see what fits you the best. You will want to carry what you are proficient and most accurate with. From a personal point of view, I like a 9 and not sure why dont own one. But anyway, the .40 will be a bit snappy. I have CZ in .40 and love it. I also love and have carried primarly a .45acp. I am most confident with this round because I have shot this round for years and am accurate with it.

I'm actually looking at the LC9 for a pistol easy to conceal. or the LCP380, but i like the LC9 frame since its a little bigger for my sasquatch hands

I'm actually looking at the LC9 for a pistol easy to conceal. or the LCP380, but i like the LC9 frame since its a little bigger for my sasquatch hands

I carry an LC9 regularly. Also an LCP. Both have been FLAWLESS.. The LC9 completely disappears inside the wasteband..

Keep ammo price and physical size of the gun in mind. Smaller guns can conceal much easier and you should go to the range as often as you can with your carry choice. I'm a glock fan and my carry weapon is a 23(40 cal). I bought a M&P shield(9mm) early this year and I might start carrying that instead. Easier to conceal (you can just about wear anything you want with the shied) and 9 ammo is cheaper than .40.

Just make sure you shoot a Glock before you buy one. They aren't for everyone. ;)

I have a Glock 9mm and really like it. Ammo is relatively cheap and easy to find which is a big plus.

Just make sure you shoot a Glock before you buy one. They aren't for everyone. ;)

He means they aren't for Bots :laugh:

I carry a glock 27(.40) and my Taurus TCP .380 occasionaly if I cant easily hide the Glock. Would highly recommend both. Some might say the TCP is a cheap, crappy gun, but I have hundreds of rounds through it without a single hiccup

I do have an LC9 on my wish list, can;t go wrong there either. But I have recently become intrigued by the Beretta Nano 9mm. May wanna look into that one.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. I didn't know you could rent pistols so I think that's what I will do.

Yeah, just head to the local range. I've yet to go to one that you can't rent handguns at. Usually you pay like $10 and you can keep trying out others for that same $10 for like an hour.

Just be prepared to pay top $ for ammo since they'll require you to shoot their ammo.. :down:

He means they aren't for Bots :laugh:

I carry a glock 27(.40) and my Taurus TCP .380 occasionaly if I cant easily hide the Glock. Would highly recommend both. Some might say the TCP is a cheap, crappy gun, but I have hundreds of rounds through it without a single hiccup

I do have an LC9 on my wish list, can;t go wrong there either. But I have recently become intrigued by the Beretta Nano 9mm. May wanna look into that one.

It's not that they "aren't for me" they just have a VERY different point of aim. I wouldn't trust one in the dark for me. I do have a Glock 27 on my short list. Gen 3 though.. :laugh:

Very true. I prefer to shoot the glock over any pistol I have, but some people hate them. Also if you decide on a glock and have any law enforcement friends, have them buy it for you. LE gets a discounted price and free night sights already mounted if you buy from a glock dealer.

It's not that they "aren't for me" they just have a VERY different point of aim. I wouldn't trust one in the dark for me. I do have a Glock 27 on my short list. Gen 3 though.. :laugh:

That's what I have. Pierce +2 extension on the magazone gives me a full 3 finger grip and it's GREAT!!

Have you seen the new G30? .45 cal and slightly smaller than the 23.

Back