Pirelli Scam

Hawaii,
I don't think you will notice anything special. I think it is an awesome tire. People like Ninja Eater making hyper runs should think twice about making continous runs on them just based on the speed rating. Totally a safety issue not any negative feedback.

With a bike like the busa I would never want anything on it that did not at least meet factory requirements. Of which, a lot of factory parts and specifications can be improved upon.

i dont think its a speed rateing issue  its a weight issue
I didn't have any trouble with the weight. The tire stuck just fine. I would however with the recent woes of some manufactures concern myself with tires blowing on high speed runs. However you may be right the busa is not a good twistie platform. The number 1 reason is weight.

Ta ta, DAH! Front tire has arrived! My old Bt010 has quite a bit of life left so I will probly swap it just before Laguna.

Thanx for your comments guyz...
smile.gif

what exact model diablo did you get 120/70/17 (54w) or (58w) did it say?
i just emailed pirelli again this is what i asked

On you website fitment for a hayabusa is 120/70/17 (58w) tl   which is the same that it says is for all gsxr's so where does it say i need a P spec tire for a hayabusa and how would i order one from a distributor when all they go by is (55w) (58w) ...... ?
what model is the standard tire that you give free in this promotion?
and what bike would it fit?

thanx for your help
Jason

Where are you guys finding this Pirelli special? I searched all over their web sites and could not find it... Please post the link.

Thanks

Attic Dog, the free front that I received from Pirelli was 120/70ZR 17 (58W) . I think that this is the correct spec front tire for the Bus.

Blu

Where are you guys finding this Pirelli special?  I searched all over their web sites and could not find it...   Please post the link.

Thanks
Doc, here's the link :  tyres Pirelli

So adding it all up I got a set of standard Pirelli Diablo's for a grand total of  $165 ( not including mounting.)

I'm satisfied -  
thumbs-up.gif
Yeah, I ordered the rear tire today! I hope this works for me too. The funny thing is, I had already ordered a set of them for the '01 and they are here, not installed yet... wow, this is going to be cool!

Glad to hear you got your tire Hawaiibusa! I was hoping they would not try to squirm out of an offer. They fed me a load of bull but, I had bought mine right before the offer anyway, that's my luck, lol. Enjoy, I like the one I have on now but, I don't know if I would run it on the front. I mismatch my tires to handle the way I like and I do not feel like the Diablo would stick well enough for me in the turns. Great tire though, I even get better traction and less wheel spin than my 208s did.

Back