Pirelli DIABLO ROSSO II tires WOW

groran1000

Registered
Put new set on today, front and back and the busa feels like a new bike. I set a line and the bike stays on it, like an amusement park ride. The other tires, always making corrections and changes, sometimes out right slides. A grin from ear to ear I say. I know they will only last 3-4k miles but I don't care. I figure what's $400 a year eh? For glue tires. Probably good for the track too. My goldwing touring tires lasted 8k miles, but had lumps on the rear and the front woo woo'ed in curves., ha ha new word and probably needed changing at 5-6k anyways, so no big deal on the pirelli's needing at 3-4k. I also went down a tooth on front sprocket and that made a big difference too, pulls harder, like it didn't pull hard enough already. I just cannot believe the difference from oem tires, try it guys, you won't be sorry.:cheerleader:

Any tire is better than OEM, so it's not a fair comparison. It would be nice if you could compare to a more advanced tire like BT016, Q3, or even other tires on a more touring side. I remember my stockers BT56 years ago. They were OK, but were no comparison to BT014.

Bt016 are crap tires. Their traction breaks down on heavy lean angles. Metzler m3's are waaay better and promote a more crisp turn in. Pilot power 3 are personally one of the best all around tires in my opinion.

To me, the Pilot Road series is one of the best tires I've tried. Excellent grip and good tread wear life.

I have been on Pilot 2CTs for 3+ years and switched to Q3's and the Q3's are amazing. I actually think they are objectively better than the 2CTs. But any good tire is going to Wow you after the amazingly bad OEM stuff! But any of the major street/track tires are going to offer more performance than you can safely use on the street IMHO. Also any good tire that you will like is only going to last for 3-4K. I just budget on 2 sets a year. Once your suspension is setup properly, there is nothing that makes the girl feel new like a fresh set of rubber!

I was a huge fan of the Diablo Rosso's on my Gen 1, actually getting ready to buy a set for my track day wheels...maybe Ill grab a set of the Rosso 2's then.

i've been running Pirelli's for years and love them :beerchug:

I was a huge fan of the Diablo Rosso's on my Gen 1, actually getting ready to buy a set for my track day wheels...maybe Ill grab a set of the Rosso 2's then.

if you're looking at tires for track days, here is a chart where you can compare the various pro's and con's of Pirelli's click here

Those tires do handle great but they wear out quickly. I had probably 3/16" of tread still on the tire and at the end of the skyway (about 60 miles) I had cords showing. Just keep your eye on them.

Bt016 are crap tires. Their traction breaks down on heavy lean angles. Metzler m3's are waaay better and promote a more crisp turn in. Pilot power 3 are personally one of the best all around tires in my opinion.

You have got to be kidding me! Especially hard to believe after running a full track day on a set of BT016. I am not that fast, but the tires performed flawlessly, to the edge. I would understand you may not like the feel, but they work great for me.

i've been running Pirelli's for years and love them :beerchug:

if you're looking at tires for track days, here is a chart where you can compare the various pro's and con's of Pirelli's click here
Thanks for the link that was great, I definitely will stick to my Diablo Rosso's instead of the Rosso 2's after reading that as they are going to be dedicated track tires as I have a nice set of Conti Pro's for the streets on my other set of wheels.

Hmm, the Pirelli site shows the Rosso II's as an all around road tire and the Rosso as track tire. I will keep my eye on them though. I didn't buy them for the track. Like I said, if they will last 3-4k. I'll be happy.

Back