Pirelli Angel GT

Try them out and let me know will ye :beerchug:

I have about 500 mile left on my Angel ST's at the minute and I have the GT's waiting to go on. They are better on all fronts from what I read and I have been happy with the ST's

Yea the reviews seem pretty good... I ordered them just kinda weird about it... only ever used Michelin...

The Angel ST's haven't got the absolute grip of maybe a 2CT but will last miles longer and once warmed up will pretty much give all the grip you need on the street. Occasional big black lines are left but I can't blame that entirely on the tyres as I may have been trying :laugh:

Got the GT's on the Busa now and first impressions are that they don't feel any different to the ST to be fair. I expect better mileage and the cuts in the tyre are further apart which means more rubber on the contact patch, hardly noticeable.

I changed from 190/50 to a 190/55 and it feels a little taller and doesn't harm the handling at all. 9.5mm taller by by calcs :laugh:

Anyway, I'm off to Le Mans on the bike Thursday for the MotoGP so I'll let y'all know how I get on :moon:

What tire pressure you guys running on the Gt's? Pirelli recommends minimum 32f36r cold. I'm running GT's and find that they took quite a few heat cycles before you can get them to brake well. Front tire heats up fast though

I cant remember if semi is running the GT or the ST, but his angel showed almost no wear after 4500 miles. Great tires.

the GT rear currently on my bike is the first one i've tried...previously, i've used the rear ST for touring ever since they discontinued the Strada...IMO, the GT is better than either of the others due to lasting longer...grip, traction, and wet weather behavior all seem as good or better...it definitely takes a bit longer to heat up than a Corsa III/Diablo Rosso Corsa which is why i've always run the Corsa III and now Diablo Rosso Corsa on the front no matter where/how i'm riding...here is a pic of the rear after just over a 5000 mile trip on it...i'm definitely impressed so far

IMG_0890 - Copy.jpg

I'm only at 2500 miles, but I really like them so far. Showing virtually no wear, and I was at the wear bars the oem BT015 in 3000 miles.

the GT rear currently on my bike is the first one i've tried...previously, i've used the rear ST for touring ever since they discontinued the Strada...IMO, the GT is better than either of the others due to lasting longer...grip, traction, and wet weather behavior all seem as good or better...it definitely takes a bit longer to heat up than a Corsa III/Diablo Rosso Corsa which is why i've always run the Corsa III and now Diablo Rosso Corsa on the front no matter where/how i'm riding...here is a pic of the rear after just over a 5000 mile trip on it...i'm definitely impressed so far

Cool review, but what's goin' on here, bro?

IMG_0890 - Copy.jpg

Okay, kidding... :laugh:

That looks pretty good for 5000 miles. I just found out there's a new version of the Angel and ran across this thread. Maybe I'll try them one of these days. :beerchug:

5000 miles of rain; stop and go through CT, NY, NJ, etc; rain; Florida; rain; loaded down with gear; rain...eh, no excuses, i'm just a loser :laugh:

5000 miles of rain; stop and go through CT, NY, NJ, etc; rain; Florida; rain; loaded down with gear; rain...eh, no excuses, i'm just a loser :laugh:

Man, I'm still jealous of that trip. Glad we got to see you guys in the middle of it! :thumbsup:

On the topic of tires... I've never run a mixed set like you do. Any noticeable issues from doing that? I'm not so much worried about the rear end, but having the front slip a few times when I tried Pilot Road 2's was just not acceptable.

Man, I'm still jealous of that trip. Glad we got to see you guys in the middle of it! :thumbsup:

On the topic of tires... I've never run a mixed set like you do. Any noticeable issues from doing that? I'm not so much worried about the rear end, but having the front slip a few times when I tried Pilot Road 2's was just not acceptable.

i've never had any issue with running them mixed...i get enough mileage out of the stickier front even when touring for it to be worth it for my peace of mind...i ran a Strada on the front one time and did not like it at all, it just didn't handle like i was used to with the Corsa III...it may all be in my mind but i've been running this set-up since '06 (approximately 75,000 miles) and i trust it and that makes it worth it to me

Well, I just ordered up a set of Angel GT's for the Ninja. 190/55 in the rear as always. We'll see how they do...

Well, I just ordered up a set of Angel GT's for the Ninja. 190/55 in the rear as always. We'll see how they do...

i think you'll like them...i'm headed to MS on this same set tomorrow, here's hoping they have as many miles left in them as i think they do :beerchug:

i think you'll like them...i'm headed to MS on this same set tomorrow, here's hoping they have as many miles left in them as i think they do :beerchug:

Safe travels to you, sir! How many miles are on your current set?

I haven't use Pirelli tires since a had a cruiser about 10 years ago, so this will be a new experience for me... :laugh:

No Q3's ???

I understand. Me slowing down on the street makes less need for the super sticky tires...

No Q3's ???

I understand. Me slowing down on the street makes less need for the super sticky tires...

No, but I really wanted to try them. I'm only getting something like 1500 miles on a set of Q2's, so I thought I'd try something different. They are great tires, but I've slowed down a lot and don't think I need them anymore.

Back