PIR MotoCorsa Track Day on the Busa (pics)PIR Turn

SpeedGeek

Never Forgotten
I participated in a MotoCorsa Track Day at Portland Int'l Raceway last Monday. WOW - SO addicting!. I started in B group (3 group sessions, A, B, C) and got moved up to A group at lunch time. Needless to say there were alot of people surprised that a Busa could run a track like that! OMG it was incredibly fun and I can't wait to go again.
Here are some pics I got from different sites, and some photos that friends took.

ENJOY!
Turn 3:
T3_2Onsight.jpg

T3_Onsight.jpg

Turn 9:
T9w_Joe.jpg

Turn9_OnSight.jpg

A couple more....
This is Turn 2
T2-xqsme.jpg

And a couple more of Turn 9:
IMG_9859.jpg

T9_TRtook.jpg

The new Turn 4 is TIGHT... I need to find a couple pics that shows me passing a ZX-10 on the inside of Turn 4! HAHAHAHA

Is your bike lowered and if it is how much? Doesn't look like there is much room between the fender and the fairing and your plastic looks real close to scraping on those hard leans.

I heard it's nice on that side now since being redone.
The new surface is AMAZING! The grip is incredible! I was running new Dunlop N-Tec race tires (kept on warmers all day) and Those things were the BEST tires I've ever been on!!!!

The new Turn 4 is TIGHT, and took me a couple sessions to get it figured out.

MotoCorsa puts on an AWESOME track day - lunch included. The instructors and marshals are great guys (and happen to be friends I ride street with as well) and they give good advice and pointers if you ask.

Is your bike lowered and if it is how much? Doesn't look like there is much room between the fender and the fairing and your plastic looks real close to scraping on those hard leans.
My bike is actually RAISED a full inch in the rear and the front has been resprung with 1.00 springs. I never drug any hard parts all day and there were a few times I had it REALLY leaned over - especially in 3 and 9. Most guys that don't raise the rear, end up drag fairings at track days or when riding hard on the street. In pictures, mine always LOOKS like it's been lowered in the front, but it hasn't.

wow, must not be your first track day... looks like you are railing the corners....
thumb_up.gif

Looks like you had yourself a fun day there Bill! What were your lap times?

wow, must not be your first track day... looks like you are railing the corners....
thumb_up.gif
It was my first TRACK DAY, but I have done a couple of "Taste of Racing" sessions (20 minutes at lunch during the OMRRA races). I frequent the track and know it pretty well and had the racers show me some good lines in the morning (hence getting bumped up to A in the afternoon). I was being held up in traffic in the corners when in B group and once I they showed me the fast/best lines, I was good to go for A group.

Back