Pink Wire - Formula Extreme RaceBusa

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
I had the opportunity to interview and photograph the fastest Hayabusa in the USA, this weekend at Loudon Classic in New Hampshire. Rad Greaves the only rider backed by Suzuki and Yoshimra on a Hayabusa in the Formula Extreme class, said the gear position sensor was NOT in working order. He will be installing the *Special Japanese Yosh* motor parts for the next outing. I have lots of photos and information on this effort by TEAM DEGA. And I will post more information here when the web master allows us to submit photos with text.
You will be suprised how stock the motor has been till now, Most work has been in the chassis(wheelbase and weight reduction). Rad was very generous with information, keep in mind he is rideing a NEW bike in a class with the very well sorted out Erion Hondas and etc. Show your support at AMA Formula Extreme races and go meet with him, he is the only one brave enough to wrestle the monsterous torque and Horsepower of the bike we ride on the street!

If you need space, I'll set up an account for you on my server to display pictures and anything else about Rad's bike. So far as the only supported rider on the bike, last year I was talking with Mel Harris with my rider and another member of our team, he then stated that Suzuki would not race the Busa due to the stress on the frame, wonder what has changed since Pikes Peak.

I have already posted about 8 photos of Rads bike on the Shared section of the Hayabusa mailing list at www.onelist.com.

If you dont know how to use this area and are not on the Hayabusa mailing list email me. Ill get you set up.

I talked to Rads crew Chief too. He told me Head work EFI remap and yoshi full pipe was about all the engine work. I really liked the adjustable wheelbase swingarm. the other things I noticed was Ohlin front forks, DP brakes and rotors. Race Wheels by Marchinisi, ohlin rear shock. And Kevlar brake lines. One of which broke during the practice at Road Atlanta.

I was suprised however that he did not appear to be running the guys down on the long straights at Road Atlanta.

The crew Chief said he would do a head for $1000 is anyone wanted theirs like the race bike.

Don

Have friend that runs bike machine shop ..has talked to several people dragging busa`s...they are putting 35 mm titanium valves in stock seats..intake that is. J and E has out pistons for busa...stock bore...13.5 to 1 and 2mm over and 4mm over...does not recommend 4mm over for street..all are 13.5to 1 . It is possible to bore injectors...have done some measuring...will wait until something out to remap.

Jeff and Marty, I am just getting back prints from the photo labs as I write, I amn sorting out the digital avi. and mpeg. disc's now.

Please send me a phone # so that I can contact you. Just send it to my email

Thank you, KawAbuser

Rad, said that Suzuki was very interested in this project and chassis developement is a first priority, as the motor is just so strong (Massive TORQUE and hp200+).

Back