pink eye

just used some multi solution saline my brother had. Had some thing in it to kill micororganisims as well lol who knows all i know it burned like a ***** while flushing my eye with it.! It was one of his contact lenst saline solutions is that ok bogus?

Saline solution for contacts is too salty to put in your eye!
Plus the chemicals are made to remove protein from your contacts! DO NOT PUT IN YOUR EYE.
Your eye is made of protein, you put something in it that removes protein... not so good.
An opthalmic saline solution is a completely different thing.

Get some re-wetting drops, something WITHOUT Thimerosol.
Thimerosol is a preservative that is irritating to many people's eyes.
As irritated as your eye is with the infection, by using a contact cleaning saline, you could have made your problem worse.

Get some re-wetting drops. A.S.A.P.
Do NOT make your own salt solution at this point.
Tap water is not sterile, and has other gunk in it.
Plus, you don't want too high of a salt content.

Re-wetting drops.
Yes, it will likely burn some because your eye is irritated, but shouldn't burn like h3ll - that's not a good sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well thanks. Actually I got that advice from a doctor, as my daughter always gets pink eye when she gets a cold. But hey whatever...

That's great....but it's also coming from (I will assume) a pediatrician. To tell an adult who has pink eye that a doctor isn't necessary isn't for you to determine. As I'm sure you already know adult medicine is much different from pediatric medicine.

Giving advice by sharing home remedies and such is one thing....but don't go telling people just to buy OTC stuff and leave it at that.

The thing about eyes is they are so fragile. Something eats a whole in it, whether infection or physical damage, it goes downhill fast from there - from something minor to loss of vision. Not something to jerk around with.

The thing about eyes is they are so fragile. Something eats a whole in it, whether infection or physical damage, it goes downhill fast from there - from something minor to loss of vision. Not something to jerk around with.

You're right. I can't give medical advice as I'm no MD, but I've dealt with enough in my 20+ years....including Lasik surgery....to know that getting a proper diagnosis from an MD is the best route.

I really think the knife in the socket is the best advice yet. Besides not teabaggin in the eye.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back