Pinging the Varner Clan

Scar

Seasoned Pilot
Donating Member
Registered
Hey.

I know I've been kinda 'out of pocket' lately... It's been tough the last couple of months to keep up with correspondence on the level once so deeply enjoyed. I apologize for this, but I presume you understand.

By separate correspondence a number of days ago, I told Keith that Kevin had been 'in spirit' at the Stampede. He asked for pix.

I'll admit that my comment was somewhat narrowly focused, because, indeed, that same spirit goes with me everywhere...

Here's a pic I snapped with my cell phone from the days in Reno.

Know that when I think of Kevin, I think of you all, too. :love:

Look forward to catching up...

VMan2.jpg

about 3 minutes before i read this i added a varner from the hayabusa page on faceboook

I just got chills. Eerie in a good way.

That's very cool.

:beerchug:

We talked about the Varners this weekend during our little get together, super folks.

Got the same patch DO3...... nice wallpaper BTW!

I am such at a loss for words. I am so humbled an honored to have such an awesome FAMILY here on the oRg. You guys will never know how deeply you have touched our Hearts !!!! I just hate that it was at the loss of Kevin, before I found the Family here. You GUYS & GALS ROCK. Just know that although we are not in touch every day, that not a day goes by that I don't THINK of EACH an EVERYONE of YOU.:bowdown:

Scar I lost a Brother, But I also gain another BROTHER in You. Thaks BRO, Trashy:thumbsup:

Weird, I was just talking with a guy moving to the Asheville area that meet some of the Varner Clan this past weekend. Small world, hope you all are doing well. If you ever need anything you know where to find me!

Scar, thanks Bro. . .I feel ya out there and that is all that matters! Once a bond has been created no barriers will ever stop what ya feel. . .

I just wanted to add something here. I have many pictures that have been shared with me over the past year from the oRg & family. These snapshots in time not only capture the moment; they capture the Spirit. In several of these pics, out of the corner of my eye, I capture Kevin, but when I look for him, his image is just not found.

i am such at a loss for words. I am so humbled an honored to have such an awesome family here on the org. You guys will never know how deeply you have touched our hearts !!!! I just hate that it was at the loss of kevin, before i found the family here. You guys & gals rock. Just know that although we are not in touch every day, that not a day goes by that i don't think of each an everyone of you.:bowdown:

scar i lost a brother, but i also gain another brother in you. Thaks bro, trashy:thumbsup:

ditto

Weird, I was just talking with a guy moving to the Asheville area that meet some of the Varner Clan this past weekend. Small world, hope you all are doing well. If you ever need anything you know where to find me!

It was a trip meeting him as well. Then the ol' man was at the auto parts store and ran into a guy that knew Kev and didn't even know about his passing. It truly is a small world.

It was a trip meeting him as well. Then the ol' man was at the auto parts store and ran into a guy that knew Kev and didn't even know about his passing. It truly is a small world.

V-Man had a big part of that small world! The turnout at his at MR was humbling, I hope to make as many friends in my lifetime has he had gather that day. Kevin was an amazing guy, his presence filled a room and he drew people in. I would be willing to bet he had a few words with anyone on two wheels within 50 yards of him. Of course this isn't including any of the other interest he had, being a local to this area for so long its hard to even imagine all the people that knew him.

V-Man had a big part of that small world! The turnout at his at MR was humbling, I hope to make as many friends in my lifetime has he had gather that day. Kevin was an amazing guy, his presence filled a room and he drew people in. I would be willing to bet he had a few words with anyone on two wheels within 50 yards of him. Of course this isn't including any of the other interest he had, being a local to this area for so long its hard to even imagine all the people that knew him.

I will never forget that day for as long as I live, and yes, it was most humbling to see the lives that my Brother touched. Each and every one who attended, and those that were there in Spirit, will never know just how much our family needed you that day! I can't say it loud enough or long enough, THANK YOU!

Yesterday Richard and I attended Homecoming at Oakley Baptist Church in Asheville where Jamie Johnson from Crossfire Ministry was the guest speaker. For those that don't know, Kevin played softball with Crossfire for many years. Jamie is the one that officiated Kevin's service. It was wonderful to visit with him, his folks, Rev. Jim Johnson and his wife, Ellen; Rev. Tommy Pierce, and his wife, Barbara, their son, Andy, who Kevin also played ball with, and others who have meant so much to our family over the years. I even met a lady, Dawn, that took care of Kevin in the Wound Center that expressed such love of Kevin's Spirit and how he would change the atmosphere with his hopes and belief. The Hayabusa Family was mentioned several times for your endearing love and support of Kevin. Just wanted all of you to know that I think of you all often. Kevin's testimony will outlive all of us. . .BELIEVE

Last edited:
I will never forget that day for as long as I live, and yes, it was most humbling to see the lives that my Brother touched. Each and every one who attended, and those that were there in Spirit, will never know just how much our family needed you that day! I can't say it loud enough or long enough, THANK YOU!

Yesterday Richard and I attended Homecoming at Oakley Baptist Church in Asheville where Jamie Johnson from Crossfire Ministry was the guest speaker. For those that don't know, Kevin played softball with Crossfire for many years. Jamie is the one that officiated Kevin's service. It was wonderful to visit with him, his folks, Rev. Jim Johnson and his wife, Ellen; Rev. Tommy Pierce, and his wife, Barbara, their son, Andy, who Kevin also played ball with, and others who have meant so much to our family over the years. I even met a lady, Dawn, that took care of Kevin in the Wound Center that expressed such love of Kevin's Spirit and how he would change the atmosphere with his hopes and belief. The Hayabusa Family was mentioned several times for your endearing love and support of Kevin. Just wanted all of you to know that I think of you all often. Kevin's testimony will outlive all of us. . .BELIEVE

Great stuff, Kat. The memory of any of us is our legacy to history. We are all threads in a huge fabric that binds us.

I was watching an old Super Bikes show where they were in NC with the Yamaha boys and MR Cycles. When they were on the overlook at the Dragon they panned through all the people there and Kevin was in there. I had to pause it and just think of him and all the lives that he has touched here and all around. I know my wife (busajules) was trying to figure out how to record off the Direct TV to send you that on Kat, so when we do get it copied we will get it to ya.

Wow, Yesterday I was at my storage unit starting and riding my 08 Busa around to get some fluids flowing, I do it every 1-2 weeks, and I was explaining the sticker brenda gave me and my friend commented oh now I understand the t-shirts you wear from time to time with Vman1300 and the Dragon.

I tried my best to explain to her who Kevin was and what he meant, and still means to so many people.

Back