PINGING RaiderDm

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Just need your input on the tires, good people.

I'm looking at getting a set next week, so I would really appreciate whatever reviews you can give me, such as:

Longetivity (average and whether or not you were riding hard)
Warm-up period
Stickiness in Corners
High Speed stability
Performance on wet roads
Getting off that slippery tire-preserving compound

Thanks again, peeps! Please let me know whatcha think of 'em...

Mebbe I shouldn't have said and other users...

Raider...I just heard that you are familiar with a number of tires...so I was wondering if you heard anything about these

Pac... One rear is all I tried...mixed with a Metzler M-1 front. The Avon
lasted 4532 miles ( I checked my records ). Warn up was quick tho not as
quick as the M-1s. Wet grip was fair to good depending on just how hard you
are hammering through the rain. Bearing in mind that I am NOT a true racer,
just someone who loves twistes, I never broke the rear loose in the wet or dry.
I never did a top speed run with it. It was stable on several 150+ runs of
approx 13 miles. I ride 7days a week 70-75miles a day to work & back. Its
a mix of interstate & backroad twisties. Weekends are 200-300 miles a day
of spirited back roads... Highspeed sweepers & tight technical turns. Lotsa
fun!!! I'd buy another one no problem. Hope this helps ya out.

Oh yeah... I didn't shave 'em
tounge.gif

One more thing... so far the Metzler Sportec M-1 is my Busa tire of choice.
All though a Pirelli Diablo should be just as good... they are they same
tire made in the same factory. Only difference is the tread PATTERN not the
compound.

Just ride 'em easy for 100 miles... gradually increasing your lean angle through turns... See my Sundy ride link in
Random thoughts... I posted picks of my new rear bought the day earlier.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "Added info."|1082520556 -->

Raider....this helped out a whole bunch!

It's set then...I'll pick up a pair of Azaros and post the reviews of them. Rev said you were the one to check on tires since you go through them quite often.

I was actually going to go with a set of Diablos, but NE told me that they wear off kinda quick. I figured I wouldn't want to replace a tire too soon anyway. I was thinking about the M1's too, but I took a look at the price and my jaw was resting on my nads.

Would you recommend a Scotch-Brite pad to scrub away some of that preservation compound or would you recommend some fine-grade sandpaper? If I did that, would I be able to hammer into the turns as if the tire was already broken in?

I just want to be safe while I'm havin' fun...I have absolutely NO desire to low-side due to slippery tires.

Raider....this helped out a whole bunch!

It's set then...I'll pick up a pair of Azaros and post the reviews of them. Rev said you were the one to check on tires since you go through them quite often.

I was actually going to go with a set of Diablos, but NE told me that they wear off kinda quick. I figured I wouldn't want to replace a tire too soon anyway. I was thinking about the M1's too, but I took a look at the price and my jaw was resting on my nads.

Would you recommend a Scotch-Brite pad to scrub away some of that preservation compound or would you recommend some fine-grade sandpaper? If I did that, would I be able to hammer into the turns as if the tire was already broken in?

I just want to be safe while I'm havin' fun...I have absolutely NO desire to low-side due to slippery tires.
I don't recommend the sandpaper type route. Seen too many people lowside after trying that. The quick & dirty way is to find a clean parking lot and do lots of figure 8s
gradually decreasing the radius as you go.

OH JOY!!!

I love that shid, Raider! There aren't too many serious curves here, so many times I just find wide open parking lots and have a blast draggin my knees in there. Nothing too serious, though; my speeds are usually around 25-35mph.

I'll definitely do what you recommended. How long would I need to do that to get the tires into street-sweeping form? Can I tell from how the tires feel when I'm turning?

Back