Pingel lowering bushings-front end

saygbye

10 sec L
Donating Member
Registered
found these bushing/blocks at Atoka custom bikes for $55. i figured for the money i would give them a shot. its a lot better than the $150-$200 ive seen for the tripletree. install was easy, took about 45 min, and they lowered the front about 2" the bike looks great. if anybody needs the phone # for the blocks pm me. pics following. late

lowering_002__Small_.jpg

here are the only tools i needed:
10,14 & 17 mm wrenches
small wratchet with 10 & 12 mm sockets
6 & 8 mm allen head wrenches
flat head screw driver
NO jacks or stands
the hardest part was loosening and retightening the lower fork clamp bolts. heres a pic of the blocks being installed

lowering_005__Small_.jpg

quick review of instructions:
1) remove plastic chrome caps to gain access to the 4 bolts that hold the top fork clamp
2) remove the 4 top clamp bolts and brake hose clamp
3) install new bushings with new hardware and tighten
4) loosen the lower fork clamp bolts-access from under the front fairing above the front fender
5) slowly loosen the top fork clamp bolts and let the front end drop onto the bushings.
6) retighten everything-access to the lower fork clamp bolts is tight now but it can be done with patience
7) reposition the brake hose clamp
8) turn wheel from left to right and make sure you have clearence for all hoses wires, etc.
9) your done!!

lowering_010__Small_.jpg

Very nice n deedy, but if you wanna be real cheap,like a broke Pimp like myself.  Just stack and tape together some washer to your desired height and get some longer bolts with the same tensil strenght and you're done for a couple of dollars.

Five years with this mod and no problems so far !

P.S.

If you use steel bolts be sure to paint to seal it from rusting. Dont ask how I know !

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150140116 -->

Back